Infrared Remote Control For Computers

• Thread starter computerfreak76
  • Start date
C

computerfreak76

im looking this type of device to use to control my mp3 and dvd players with a remote. does any of you use anything like this and if so how does it work for you and how much does it cost.

ive looked around a bit and found a few sites that offer this but i want personal opinions.

I know that there is a product made by ATI -it is a video card that is called something like Radion 8500 DV it is supossed to have a remote control. Createive might have some thing simmliar for sound cards.

Yes, the ATI RF Remote. It sells as part of the 8500DV Card. Or you can buy it seperately for around US$50 or so. However, it's kinda hard to find from what I can tell.

If you decide to get it (or anything else for that matter) get a program called uIce from http://www.mediatexx.com/
It enables you to use the remote outside the limitations of the ATI program. It's shareware, but well worth the $20. Without it, there's not a whole lot of customisation you can do, but with it, every button is programmable.

The remote is a Radio Freq type. The receiever is a little box with a wire hanging out of it, that (in my case) is on the floor behind my computer. From my testing, the remote works about a max of 15 - 20 feet away (even through walls). It's a bit large, and has a ton of buttons on it, but you can also control your mouse fairly easy with it if you want.

Am I sounding like a saleman yet? :p

Here's a review: http://www.hytekcomputer.com/Reviews/ati/RemoteWonder/1.shtml

With the exception of the price, it's really a nice remote.

I use mine for WinAmp and WinDVD and it works flawlessly (with uIce).

-JG

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back