Infra-Red for PC !!!

Hey its your money, do what ya want with it =P

jk.. why would u need an IR port?

Where can I buy one from, and will it be put at the back of the PC ???

DAMN, will I have to turn the PC round to use it ???

I have got a IR phone ! (Ericsson T39)

belkin make an IR unit that connects to the usb port so u can put it on your desk or what ever. why do u want one tho, they are no good for anything else other than PDA, digi cams etc data transfer and sending IR data to your cell phone, (ie logos and ringtones)

Yeah, I used an IR adapter that connected via my serial port... I found it very useful for sending files to my girlfriend's laptop, even large files! Unfortunately you are limited to the serial port's 115K throughput limit, but then again, it ooks like the USB adapter you are looking at has the same limit - must be an IRdA spec thing.

Anyway, you can use the IRdA for connecting to a laptop (like I did) since most laptops have built-in IRdA ports. You can also use IRdA in place of a docking ststion for stuff like iPaqs, etc. A very useful addition to the desktop, IMHO!!

mavis

ive got the MA600 (the serial port one) cuz I've got an 8210 (me screens b0rks up a lot - as do most 8210s)

i recommend those ones... MA620 is the same - jus for USB

I have an IR in device (one-way) connected to my COM1. I use it to control Winamp. It's soooo useful. One of the best things I have (and it never needs upgrading!). Love it! :)

Only downside is that it's one-way.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back