INFO on Centrino

canadian_divx

Canadian_divx
what is the good and bad about this processer??? ics a Centrino 1.3 is it better than a P3 1ghz???? i am thinking about getting a acer travelmate 290 from a friend and i am just woundering on this processer. anyone got any info on eaither one

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Political Access
more work per clock.. its a power cpu even @ low clocks (a la AMD)... only problem is low clocks overall but this is not necessarily a bad thing with notebooks... keeps the battery life up there...

btw its a pentium M processor... the whole package incl wireless technology is called Centrino... not the precessor alone...

NetRyder

Tech Junkie
The Pentium-M (aka Centrino, when combined with an Intel Wireless adapter) is definitely a step above the Pentium-III. In fact, tests show that a Pentium-M at 1.6 GHz can perform as well as a Pentium 4 running at 2.4 GHz due to it's optimized architecture and 1MB L2 cache.

The biggest advantage the Pentium-M offers is better battery life, since the processor consumes less power than P4-M's or P3's. Most Centrino laptops are also much thinner and lighter than those containing other processors.

Bootsy

Huh?
I have a 1.4 centrino dell laptop (600m). The 64mb radeon 9000 vid card in it and the 7 hours or so on 1 battery (arounbd 9-10 with both batteries), I love it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.
Terrahertz wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Yo fellas!
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Where are you buddy?
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey EP! All good with me, applying for Microsoft MVP right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by coming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier!
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
EP, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glen