Infinite Loop error

R

Reikon

I keep getting an infinte loop error with the 23.11 nvidia drivers. I have a 1Ghz AMD, with 2 Gig RAM and a Inno3d Tornado Gforce2 MX400 with 64 Mb RAM.

I have not been having any troubles, but installed XP now and when I play games I get lookup and then a blue screen with this error on it.

Anyone have any ideas?

So there is no fix for this issue? :( Bummer... I have the exact same problem...

Only when I've rebooted the pc a few times after a bluescreen it can run for hours without any problems.. But when I turn it on after leaving for a while, the infinite loop appears already at the login screen...

Fixed mine!!

ok here is what id did to fix my problem. I am not completely tested it but it worked all last night and I used to get the error every 30 mins or so.

I reinstalled DirectX 8.1

I installed the new Via 4-in1 drivers. My OS is XP, so it installed 2 drivers, the docs said it would install only one.

I installed the New nvidia 27.20 drivers.

I installed the GeForce Tweak Utility from this site. I changed my AGP to force 4x.

This appears to have fixed it, I played Dark Age of Camelot and Everquest to test the system for about 2 hours each. I never got the error again. I will keep updating this if I have any problems.

I am using the 27.10 drivers with no problem, but I rarely get this blue screens resulting from the drivers anyway.
I have downloaded 27.20 yesterday, but haven't installed them yet ;)

2 days and no ERROR!

It appears that I have fixed the error on my machine. Whether it was one or all of the fixes, I am not sure.

My son played Everquest for 6 hours and I played Counter-Strike, Wolfenstein and Dark Ages of Camelot for a few hours.

We never got the error and it used to happen every 30 mins or so.

Thanks for all the help, hopes this helps others.

I had the same troublesd with the 23.11's. I installed the 27.10's and i think its fixed, Ive pn;ly locked up twice sinse.

Guys:

I was having the EXACT same problems.

The only way and the easiest way to get round the problem is to completly remove the current Den Drivers and installed the 27.42 leaked drivers.

I have been running for 1 weeks with these, and NOT 1 BLUE SCREEN with Nt4_Display error.

Trust me it worked!

Laterz

Heh - those leaked ones killed me!

I'm still waiting for another leak or update :)

The computer froze after 15-45 sec.. I had a really hard time rolling back to a previous driver :/

My infinite loop problems were solved with 23.11 + new via 4-in-1 plus latency patch.

hmm.. would it make any difference if I told you that I had simmilar problems under win98se? IE. comp. freezing and shutting down..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back