Industrial Action.

K

Kirrie2001

Good old Tony?????
In the face of industrial action by members of the armed forces, the government has announced that the Fire Service will, as an interim measure, carry out military operations in Iraq.

The army, who have demanded a 40% pay increase on the basis that their job has become rather more technical since 1945, will begin strike action next Thursday, unless a compromise pay deal can be agreed in the mean time.
It is understood that they will spend their time standing around little bonfires, rubbing their hands together and waving at passing vehicles that honk their horns at them.

Crack Fire Service personnel, highly trained in playing darts, brewing tea and sliding down poles, are understood to be on standby to take up front line operations. Using their "Red Goddess" vehicles instead of tanks, they will race towards Iraqi lines and attempt to annoy the enemy into surrendering by making a lot of noise and sprinkling them with water.

Prime Minister Tony Blair has already stated that the Fire Service strike of last year proved that a vastly undermanned service with limited training and unsuitable equipment can perform the duties of a well-trained, well-equipped and well-manned professional force equally as efficiently and without loss of life. When it was pointed out to him that the bright red fire engines might make an easy target for enemy fire, Mr. Blair said,
"Never mind, we've got too many firemen as it is - errrumm, is that camera still running?"

Asked for his comment, Britain's partner in the coalition in the war
against Iraq, US President George W. Bush, said,

"Ooh, can I have a go on the siren?"

ROFLMFAO!!!

Wow - Kirrie - I love it - I have got to print that out and send it to my brother-in-law in the Oxford area. He will absolutely love it!

BTW - I went over to England for a visit shortly after 911 (I flew in Oct 4th) and I used to get a kick out of "Uncle Tony & Uncle George" on the tele! :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back