Indiana Jones 4 to begin shooting

fitz

Woah.. I'm still here?
Political Access
George Lucas said Friday that filming of the long-awaited "Indiana Jones" movie will begin in 2007.

Harrison Ford, who appeared in the three earlier flicks, the last one coming in 1989, is set to star again.

Lucas said he and Steven Spielberg recently finalized the script for the film.

"It's going to be fantastic. It's going to be the best one yet," the 62-year-old filmmaker said during a break from preparing for his duties as grand marshal of Monday's Rose Parade.

Exact film locations have not been decided yet, but Lucas said part of the movie will be shot in Los Angeles.

"George, Harrison and I are all very excited," Spielberg said, according to The Hollywood Reporter. "We feel that the script was well worth the wait. We hope it delivers everything you'd expect from our history with Indiana Jones."

In a statement, the 64-year-old Ford said he was ready for another turn as the globe-trotting archaeologist. "I'm delighted to be back in business with my old friends," he said. "I don't know if the pants still fit, but I know the hat will."

The fourth chapter of the "Indiana Jones" saga, which will hit theaters in May 2008, has been in development for over a decade with several screenwriters taking a crack at the script, but it only recently gained momentum. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the script that met the three principals' approval is by David Koepp ("Jurassic Park," "War of the Worlds," "Spider-Man").

Lucas kept mum about the plot, but said that the latest action flick will be a "character piece" that will include "very interesting mysteries."

"I think it's going to be really cool," Lucas said.

At the inaugural Rome Film Festival in October, the 64-year-old Ford said he was excited to team up with Lucas and Spielberg again for the fourth "Indiana Jones" installment. Ford said he was "fit to continue" to play the title role despite his age. (Gallery: Harrison Ford's career)

Ford played Indiana Jones in 1981's "Raiders of the Lost Ark," 1984's "Temple of Doom" and 1989's "The Last Crusade."

Lucas praised Ford for breathing life into his character.

"Mostly it's the charm of Harrison that makes it work," he said.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/Movies/01/01/georgelucas.indianajones.ap/index.html

I love David Koepp's work but I heard the Frank Darabont version was incredible. Too bad Lucas wouldn't know good writing if it bit his ass..... YIPPEEEEEEEE

Here's hoping for the best!

Never watched any of the Indiana Jones movies.

Hope this film will be good and not ruined by a father-son plot, you know the type, Harrison gets married has a kid and his kid starts adventuring.....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back