incredibly slow shutdown-restart

V

vanguard-ace

it takes 7 mins to shutdown and reboot why?

it was ok untill i had to send my geforce 2 mx 400 away for repair. when it came back and i put it in it just makes it all so slow. anyone got any ideas what i can do. is there a fix

got all the up to date ones just done that two days ago no difference :(

Never heard about FORMAT C: ???? I think it's the only way...

format c: mmmmmmmmmm nope it dont work and anyway its not an answer. ill try the changing to 3 secs thing though thanks

dont format yet

go into adminstrative services and completly disable the nvidia driver helper service. that should help although 7 min is a long time.....;)

Slow shut down

Before you go through a bid deal - check this:
If you have a Nvidia card - go to services and disable nivida driver helper - this will kill ~20-30sec off you shut down time. If you don't have an Nvidia card then the previous advise may help.

opps

Sorry didn't read all the posts - driver helper mentioned before, sorry.

hmm

whats weird is, my buddy has an ati card but he still has the nvidia driver helper service, mabey its a component of xp?
he has nver had an nvidia card.:p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back