In ternet explorer is opened slowly

R

Romeo26222

any tip to make my IE opens faster..it takes about five secones to open the window

You could: Defrag or maybe just uninstall and reinstall IE (that should not take too long)

~Dan

Do you have the homepage set to a website? You might want to try setting the home page to a blank page. Tools -> Internet Options -> Use Blank.

dial up or broadband?

is it the computer that is slow or the internet? and do you have dial-up (56K) or broadband (ADSL/Cable) ??? cause if you have dial-up there is no hope, lol :cool:

Re: dial up or broadband?

Originally posted by A_Mersser
is it the computer that is slow or the internet? and do you have dial-up (56K) or broadband (ADSL/Cable) ??? cause if you have dial-up there is no hope, lol :cool:

I don't mean the page display speed is slow..I mean that the IE launchs in 5 seconds..it doesn't matter if i have a slow or fast connection

so its the computer

which is what I asked for clarification on........just defrag and all that wonderfull stuff, might do it! :cool:

Try this
repair IE6 in XP
Start - Run
regsvr32 urlmon.dll

Defrag most deffinatly works for IE probs in win98 but im not so sure about XP and as for removing/re-installing I'm sure you need a tool for this from Microsoft as IE adds so much info to the registry.
Myself I would try colt's suggestion as a defrag should be generic solution for slow programs and you should do this anyway.

I have the same prob 2 and I've heard of some1 that also have that prob
repairing the IE 6 doesnt solve it.
defrag takes 2 damn long.
i'm considireting a move back to IE 5.5 ... should I?

Here's a great way I found to speed up IE the most. At first I had set my homepage to about:blank, but this still took too long to load. So in my shortcut for IE, if you right-click and select properties, and then in the target box, add "-nohome" (w/out quotes) after the filename. Then IE will load just a little bit faster, since it won't load a webpage (even about:blank), when it starts. The text in your target box should read like this:

"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE" -nohome

Hope it works, and enjoy!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back