In need of help finding a supporting Motherboard

Alex_is_Axel

.:: FTPAlex ::.
Goodevening Everyone,

Im just in need of a help to find me a new motherboard. Price is really no concern really but it has to contain of 3 things:

1. Is able to support SD Ram
2. Is able to support an AMD Athlon XP1700+
3. Is 8x AGP (optional, 4x if 8x is not found)

I would be very greatful for site links and prices and i would really appreciate all your help and time. Which is the best Motherboard to get which is suitable for all these 3 items? They need to be UK Sites because i live in the UK

Thank you once again,

Sincerly Alex :)

*please forgive a slow reply, im currently in London which leaves me limited to use a connection due to im not at home. I will return home tomorrow evening*

thank you

this is a good site to compare stuff. i use a exel trade version and put the agp8x filter on. came back with a big phat Zero on sdram and 8xAGP :( sorry NyCom

yeah, there aren't any chipsets that have agp8x and use sdr ram. if you think about it, it would be pointless anyway. agp8x = 2.1gb/sec... pc133 = 1gb/sec. the agp8x would be limited to basically agp4x (1gb/sec) because of the memory bandwidth.

one of the best athlon/sdr ram motherboards you can find is MSI's KT2 Combo-L. decent KT266A chipset and supports up to an athlon xp 2600+.

thank you for your replies Taurus and Gonzo, to be honest i didnt think about it like that. So ive made a change to the requirements :D

Ok.. it needs to be able to support

1. Up to 1GB+ DDR Ram (does 2100 - 2700 DRR matter? is that just the speed of DDR?)

2. 8x AGP

3. Supports an Athlon AMD XP1700+

Thank you once again for all your help

Sincerly Alex :cool:

that is almost all new motherboards. who u want it by? personaly i like Asus, i have always had there stuff and it has never died

A7V8X-X its the budget A7V8X board without all the extra's about £50 perfect for your needs and asus ( i like asus)

Get something with a Geforce N2 chipset the latest Via (KT333 adn KT400) are disappointing.

The ASUS A7N8X is a very good board and competitively priced.
AGP 8X, 266/333/400 RAM adn 266/333 FSB on Athlon chips. It only uses DDR Ram.

If you must go with SDRAM (though it's a waste) the Alimajik or SIS 735 chipset based boards are ok, but very out of date.

Keep away from MSI have been hearing too many poor manufacturing reports about them.

Originally posted by LeeJend
The ASUS A7N8X is a very good board and competitively priced.
AGP 8X, 266/333/400 RAM adn 266/333 FSB on Athlon chips. It only uses DDR Ram.
just fyi, the revision 2.0 boards (nforce2 ultra 400) support 400fsb athlons.

thank you everyone for your help.. i will have a look around for the new boards relating to nforce2 chips :)

thank you all once again :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back