Improving Speed of Roadrunner

D

Digerati

My Roadrunner cable internet service seems to run a bit sluggish (for cable anyways) and I've noticed a bit of a performance decline since it was first installed (reinstallingXPpro may have played a part).

I use it at various hours of the day and the lag seems present all the time so I don't think it is primarily because of increased usage by other people in the area.

Anyhow, I've read about people posting tips and tweaks on how to significantly improve speed and security with roadrunner and I was hoping someone could post that again.

I searched through the forum for such topics but the related links people posted to previous forum posts are no longer available.

Any info is much appreciated!

Your best bet is www.dslreports.com...goto their tweaks and speed test sections and there are alot of tips on how to optimize your connection

the most common is adjusting your Rwin (receive window) but after you run the tweak test at dslreports it will help you figure out a good rwin,

Don't just go putting in any number that someone tells you will make it fast...that might work for them, but not always for you :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back