• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Improving Speed of Roadrunner

D

Digerati

My Roadrunner cable internet service seems to run a bit sluggish (for cable anyways) and I've noticed a bit of a performance decline since it was first installed (reinstallingXPpro may have played a part).

I use it at various hours of the day and the lag seems present all the time so I don't think it is primarily because of increased usage by other people in the area.

Anyhow, I've read about people posting tips and tweaks on how to significantly improve speed and security with roadrunner and I was hoping someone could post that again.

I searched through the forum for such topics but the related links people posted to previous forum posts are no longer available.

Any info is much appreciated!

Your best bet is www.dslreports.com...goto their tweaks and speed test sections and there are alot of tips on how to optimize your connection

the most common is adjusting your Rwin (receive window) but after you run the tweak test at dslreports it will help you figure out a good rwin,

Don't just go putting in any number that someone tells you will make it fast...that might work for them, but not always for you :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxioalix