Improve web page coding

Wow - I've got a heck of a lot of learning to do. Won't be updating the site for a while until I've figured out how to do everything.
Appreciate your offer X-Istence. Awaiting instructions - thanks heaps.:)

Don't worry it doesn't take long. I converted mine in about a week. And I learned from scratch. ;)

Just to give you guys some background, my knowledge of coding is minimal. I created the site with Coffeecup Freehtml and used animation coding from Ace Freehtml. Then I used notepad and raw common sense to edit the code and insert code from freeservers etc for guestbook, counter and so on. Therefore I really have to learn everything from scratch with baby steps :). The thing that attracts people to my site is content not coding.

yea the content is good ;)

But if you have to wait forever for it to load......well its obvious ....

I noticed your hit counter on the homepage and the hit counter on your appearance page has a third of a difference....this should tell you something....

Anyways looks like you have quite a few things to be getting on with.....enjoy and keep us posted with your progress ;)

Alan

Originally posted by coathanger007
Wow - I've got a heck of a lot of learning to do. Won't be updating the site for a while until I've figured out how to do everything.
Appreciate your offer X-Istence. Awaiting instructions - thanks heaps.:)

PM me a username, password, and the sub-domain you would want:

freeprograms.x-istence.com

or <anythinghere>.x-istence.com

Ill get you set up with 100 MB space, 3 GB transfer (Plenty for what you go, more if needed), email, and a control panel for your use :)

WOOHOO - will PM you. Thanks. With 100MB space I'll be able to host small programs that used to be freeware but have since jumped boats.

Ooops - Enjoy your hols first X-istence. Guess that means being one with nature and leaving behind anything I.T. :)

Originally posted by SPeedY_B
I mean the tag, not the alignment. ;)

<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;text-align:center;color:black;">blah blah blah blah</span>

Best place to learn HTML is here: http://www.w3schools.com/

Inline CSS is... YACK. *makes a cat-like motion to throw up*
Your intentions are no doubt good, but what you produce is in no way better than <font> ;D

What this person wants is a decent external stylesheet.

OMG i read this entire thread and the page STILL is not loaded, no mind you doing anything else to the site, sort that loading time, i cant see anyone waiting that long to look at freeware ;)

amazing diffrence mate, whats the old host a 14.4 k dial up ? :p

I'm just wondering what's the catch. Will test out the speed first. Thanks :)

tiny banner at the bottom saying its hosted by freewebs, 40mb to start, 100mb with 1 email request, 500mb transfer p/month
no my sql

i used em b4 with no issue, good speeds back then, dunno bout now though.

No, this is far too inconvenient. There's no FTP access and you have to pay to upload multiple files simultaneously. What a pity :(

I have now added a link to a faster slimmed down version of the frontpage hosted by my ISP. Also, centered the entire page as Allan suggested. :)

I took your code from the slimmed down version and ran it through DW MX. Attached is the cleaned up code, but really it wasn't that bad. Didn't make alot of changes.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back