Impressive new Dell hardware at CES!

NetRyder

Tech Junkie
Posted this on my blog a little while ago. Figured it would be of interest to all of you too.
-----

AnandTech's Day 1 report from CES 2006 looks at some awesome new products that Dell just announced.

The first is the 30" UltraSharp 3007WFP display with a native resolution of 2560x1600. Launching at $2,199 and bound to go down soon enough ($300 less than the Apple display already), it also includes four USB 2.0 ports, a built-in card-reader, and HDCP support to view DRM-protected HD-DVD content in Windows Vista later this year.

If that wasn't impressive enough, the company is also launching the XPS 600 Renegade desktop, with a factory overclocked 4.26GHz dual-core Pentium EE 955, and two dual-GPU 512MB GeForce 7800 GTX cards, running in SLI mode, for a total of four GPUs and 2GB of video memory. Holy freakin' crap! Couple this beast with a 3007WFP (or two?), and you have the ultimate God-box. :D

Then there's the new Inspiron E1705, with a 17" widescreen display and Intel's 2.0GHz Core Duo processor. Pretty cool, but give me the Toshiba M400 any day of the week. I'm still waiting for Dell to launch its own Tablet PC. That will be the day.

Finally, there's Dell's Mobile Concept PC, which is an interesting portable desktop of sorts. It's essentially a dual core Media Center machine with the innards of a laptop and a 20" display that can be folded up and carried around. At 17 lbs, it's obviously not meant to replace laptops, but as Anand points out, the ability to transport it easily, while still having a nice 20" display, could make it quite appealing to university students. The downside is that even with the dual-core processor, it still lacks the power of a full-fledged desktop due to the integrated graphics chip and the slow, 2.5" notebook drives, so I'm not quite sure if something like this will really take off. Still, it's an interesting and very different kind of machine.

Last edited:
mmm...Looking good

I really like the keyboard with the touch pad..I have always wanted one of those for my desktop

now if only they could get their software straight :)

zeke_mo said:
now if only they could get their software straight :)
Their software? You mean pre-loading machines with all those unnecessary apps?

Thats most likely what he means, I dont think zeke knows how to format a hard-drive and reinstall windows :p

*runs*

NetRyder said:
If that wasn't impressive enough, the company is also launching the XPS 600 Renegade desktop, with a factory overclocked 4.26GHz dual-core Pentium EE 955, and two dual-GPU 512MB GeForce 7800 GTX cards, running in SLI mode, for a total of four GPUs and 2GB of video memory.

Wow. First of all the case artwork is amazing I love it, but secondly what the hell are you going to doo with all that power! :eek:

NVIDIA and Dell Showcase First-Ever Quad-SLI PC

NVIDIA and Dell unveiled the first-ever Quad-SLI PC at the Consumer Electronics Show 2006. Taking its acclaimed SLI technology to the next level, NVIDIA introduced support for not one, not two, not three, but FOUR GPUs. Delivering the most extreme high definition gaming experience available on the PC, Quad SLI features four of NVIDIA's flagship GeForce® 7800 GTX GPUs with an NVIDIA nForce®4 SLI motherboard.

Imagine tearing through today’s most advanced PC games with an unheard of 41 gigapixels per second of raw graphics performance, 5.2 teraflops of compute power, 96 pixel pipes, and an astounding 2 GB of on-board graphics memory. Nothing can stop you when you have this kind of hardware on your side.

My God 96 pixel pipes.:eek:
Rest of it here

Twas nice, and the dell guy was gonna give me a discount.
I politely declined.

sean.ferguson said:
Wow. First of all the case artwork is amazing I love it, but secondly what the hell are you going to doo with all that power! :eek:
Here's another pic of the paint job. Looks deadly. :D

dell_screen002.jpg

^ Wow, anyone buying that with the 30-inch monitor? :yowch: :p

The paint job is indeed quite nice, but I think the novelty would wear off fast.

NetRyder said:
Their software? You mean pre-loading machines with all those unnecessary apps?

Yeah :p. Its not hard to format and clear it out, but it just seems strange to make a gaming computer then junk it up with software.

Aprox said:
Thats most likely what he means, I dont think zeke knows how to format a hard-drive and reinstall windows :p. Did I mention I smell?

*runs*

*shakes fist*

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back