Impossible to install printer ??? pls help

odivane

n00b
heh this is the situation, i recently formated my hard drive, so when i booted from the CD some windows setup was preparing and copying files that are gonna be installed, while doing that couple of files couldnt be copied which are involved with printing. Now i cant install printer its impossible. Is there any way that i can install windows component that is missieng or do i need to format it again ??? Thx in advance

Have you tried installing the drivers for your printer from the manufactures site?

yeah of course i did but it says printer is not installed, i went to printers and faxes it cant be recognized there, when i click on add new printer nothing happens drivers are installed windows is fuking it up

1). Clean the CD. Try again.
2). Borrow a friends CD. All that matters is that it is the same version (home, pro etc) and to use your CD Key). Make a copy while you're at it. You may even be able to just do a repair off a good CD instead of a total reinstall.
3). Post the names of the damaged files and maybe someone can get you those files.

If cleaning the CD does not work, you have no friends, and no one can dig the necessary files out of their CD, you could always try contacting MS customer support.

What printer exactly are you talking about and is it hooked up by USB or parallel.

Plug the printer into the computer and switch it on before you install the drivers.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back