Importing CSV

DFX

OSNN Senior Addict
The story:

I just put my dad's work computer on the network, so he shares DSL with the rest of the family. I thought it would be a good idea to upgrade his IE6 at the same time... bad idea. I did it, and he could no longer connect to the network :mad: don't know why and don't care... so I uninstalled it... but his work contacts have been lost from Outlook Express! :mad: :mad:

I been running around for the last hour trying to find out how to restore them.. managed to find the .wab file, but this no-longer works on his computer. It does work with OE6 though... so I have managed to open it on my copy of OE6 and saved as CSV from advice from Microsoft and a few other "restoring address books" sites. The thing is - I can't import from CSV on my dad's computer (Windows 98, OE5.x). Im on XP and OE6.

If the fields are correct, than it should be no problem: http://www.shelbycs.org/techtips/addressbook.html
If not, then printing them out on paper and use your fingers to type them into the Address Book would seem like the only reasonable alternative. You might try to import them into Excel and edit any problem fields or colums.

Thanks Binary.

OE_importcsv.gif

That is how it SHOULD look like, but it only lists one thing. NAB I think. Any ideas?

Looks like its back to pen and paper. :huh:

Definitely only lists "NAB". Netscape Address Book?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back