Importance of Keeping a clean PC

Taggert_LOA

Modding Addict
Political Access
here is a picture of a pc i had the recent pleasure of working on. please folks a can of air and simple green go along way. i swear the owner never ever opened the pc to see why it stopped working. thank god i get 40.00 an hour.

Attachments

• LintyComputer.jpg
    LintyComputer.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 267
Ick! Not good, not good at all.

Should get myself a can of air actually, my box hasn't been cleaned in months.

I'd love to see what his heatsinks and fans looked like.
You probably wouldn't even be able to tell what they were.
laugh.gif

dam i have never seen one that clogged up :eek:

Well a bit of dust helps supercharge your PC, gives it that extra zip!

That looks like lint, sure he/she didn't dishwasher it then dry it in the tumble dryer!

my allergies are kicking up from just looking at that picture. jeez :(

God! That's digusting :p His computer was a fire hazard with that much dust...

Wowzerz ... did he like brush his pet in front of that box everyday with a box fan blowing on it?

albybum said:
my allergies are kicking up from just looking at that picture. jeez :(

Likewise. I'm not kidding... I actually sneezed. Bleh!!!

I wonder how much heat that sucker was throwing out before it stop working.

rotjong

That could be my roommates computer. About 2 months a go a ram module bit the dust in it because it was so thickly covered in dust. He hadn't cleaned the box since he got it 18 months previous. Unfortunately the bad ram took the OS with it.

Heck of a lot of dust, surprised the fluff didn't start to bulge out of the front panels :eek:

Must've been a pain to clean the whole case out.

By any chance,

Is the owner of that tower missing his cat. If he is, I think you found it.

Heeter

Heeter said:
By any chance,

Is the owner of that tower missing his cat. If he is, I think you found it.

Heeter

Hahahahaha... The cat prolly would rub up against it thinkin the damned 'puter was purrrin back at him. Can you say "furball" :p

I had the pleasure of fixing a call accounting pc once at a clients site, I wish I still had the pics I took for warentee refusal, the entire inside of the case (mini tower) was FULL of matted dust bunnies! The buildup was soo bad all the fans stopped, not because they failed, but because there was sooo much crap inside they couldn't turn anymore.

Needless to say the lack of any airflow killed the cpu, ram, and PSU.

LOL.

wow, that is... actually, I can't think of anything to say that would be funnier than the picture on its own :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back