Import Thunderbird messages into OutlookExpress

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Hi Guys,

I have been using Thunderbird for a couple of years now.

Although it is a very nice email client, it still not to sharp in handling multiple accounts. Anyways, since my machine is in need of a reformat, I think that I will moving to Outlook Express upon reinstall. I am wondering if I can import all my email folders from Thunderbird to OE?

Thanks in advance,

P.S. maybe there is another email client that is a little better at handling multiple accounts than Thunderbird that someone could recommend (Freeware).

Thanks.

Heeter

What type of problems are you having with multiple accounts in TB? How many accounts are you talking about?

I have 5 or 6 coming through TB and don't have any problems

Jewelzz said:
What type of problems are you having with multiple accounts in TB? How many accounts are you talking about?

I have 5 or 6 coming through TB and don't have any problems

Same here, one of the main reason I like Thunderbird is that it handles mutliple accounts much better than Outlook or Outlook Express.

Well, It recieves email that was intended for one account, it distributes it throughout all the accounts. EG: Netryder sends me an email to my account, well my wife, my kid, and my other business accounts all recieve the same email in their inboxes. Also, it happens that when I recieve an email, I open to view it, and there is just a whole bunch of jargon at the bottom of the email body. On the first few occasions, I phoned the sender and asked what this mess was at the bottom of the body, they had no idea what I was talking about. I am about to give up on Thunderbird. I never remembered such issues with OE when I was using it. I have 3 personal accounts, and three business accounts within the Thunderbird client.

Heeter

hmm, I've never had any issues like that. I've used thunderbird for a while on FreeBSD, Gentoo, and WinXP.

The reason I like the way it handles multiple accounts is that each have their own folder tree, on Outlook I would have to set up rules to filter and move messages based on the account they were sent to. Then create sub folders in my Inbox for them to go to.

[edit]If the mess was a bunch of seemingly random characters, that could be a virus infected email with an embedded exe, something like:

--mltbvr
Content-Type: text/html
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<HTML>
<HEAD></HEAD>
<BODY>
<iframe src=3D"cid:qolvrfiuogv" height=3D0 width=3D0></iframe>
<BR>This is the qmail program<BR>
<BR>I'm sorry to have to inform you that =
I wasn't able to deliver your message =
to the following addresses:<BR>
<BR><BR><BR>Undeliverable mail to <B>slsjjpofn@freemail.net</B>

</BODY></HTML>

--mltbvr
Content-Type: audio/x-wav; name="frti.exe"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Id: <qolvrfiuogv>

TVqQAAMAAAAEAAAA//8AALgAAAAAAAAAQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAA2AAAAA4fug4AtAnNIbgBTM0hVGhpcyBwcm9ncmFtIGNhbm5vdCBiZSBydW4gaW4gRE9TIG1v
ZGUuDQ0KJAAAAAAAAAB+i6hSOurGATrqxgE66sYBQfbKATvqxgG59sgBLerGAdL1zAEA6sYBWPXV

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back