Imation 10x-24x CD-RW

S

S1RE

I just bought these cd-rw's from best buy and when I got home to try them out I get all the way to the Record Setup screen in Roxio's Easy CD & DVD Creator 6 and then it says, "This disc is Ultra Speed CD-RW media and the recorder is not capable of recording data to it." Although the max burn speed of these CD-RW's is 24x I have a 24x burner which is making this all too hard to believe!

Should I update something or what or is my Burner not capable as it says?

I hate those Disks..I can't help you cause I don't use them. I have had a few sent to me with Vids/Data on them..my Drive has trouble reading them..I just copy the Data to another brand.

Well the sad part is I really would like to burn CD-RWs faster than 4x a full 700mb burn takes 20 minutes. That's pathetic!!!

Try updating the firmware on your CD-RW drive, it should be available at the manufacturer's web site

Good Idea I have a PHILIPS Internal CD Rewriter CD-R/RW 24x12x40x and the Model number is PCRW2412 if you can find a firmware update please let me know, because I don't see anything there.

New firmware won't fix crappy media. I have a 40x burner that won't burn 24x fuji's over 16x. The burner will burn 24x imation blanks at 40x RELIABLY!

Buy Imation. Best Buy puts them on sale (with rebate) for 5-10 cents a peice in 50 or 100 spindles.

but my cd-rw drive will not write to ultra speed media and if i want to burn cd-rw faster than 4x I have to buy a new cd-rw drive.

Unless somewhere they make cd-rw's like 6x-8x I don't think if I had a 10x non ultra speed media my burner would still not be able to burn to it.

I'm really not so sure on this -- are there better cd-rw media out there an old burner can burn faster than 4x ? I'm talking about CD-RW's only here people!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back