images not loading in I.E

D

Dr3w

I have been noticing lately that everynow and again when i go to a website like a forum, a lot of the symbols/ icons (like new thread, etc) dont load and i just get placeholders. If i refresh, or right click and show picture it will load.

Any idea why, or how to fix this?

I am using xp pro with sp1

I've got the same problem. I just started using xp's firewall a week or so ago. When I remember I'm going to turn it off & see what happens.

i have it off already, but i do connect through a router- maybe this could be my problem

I've got the same problems...noticed after installing SP1. Anyone else notice the coincidence??

yep i feel your pain.. i had the same problem..
it just pisses me off a bit,
time to return to the safety and stabilty of Mandrake/Redhat

:p

peace

Hi all,

I am 99% certain this is related to SP1. This problem was happening on my PC which had SP1 but wasn't on my Laptop that hadn't been updated. As soon as I installed SP1 on the Laptop the same thing started happening there.

I know that not everyone with SP1 has been getting this problem and was wondering if there is something else that is causing this too such as a combination of SP1 and a certain type of net connection or network setup.

I have cable broadband and a shared internet connection through a basic home network.

Catch you all later,
Blue

I get this problem all the time because my Satellite internet connection just plain sucks, but it doesn't seem to be any worse than it was before SP1. However it's hard for me to tell. :(

I think it is the combination of SP1 and a certain type of net connection or network setup, coz I don't have this prob :cool:

Posted by Teddy
I've got the same problems...noticed after installing SP1. Anyone else notice the coincidence??

Yep the same here after the install of sp1:confused:

bluegrab.gif

i got this reply from overclockers.com forums

hope it helps

You might want to give this a try Dr3w...Open IE | Tools | Internet Options | "General" tab | Temporary Internet Files | "Settings" button | "Check for newer versions of stored pages" | Select the "Every visit to the page" radio button.

This setting also has an impact on the way images load in IE, which is in regards to your previous post...'Images not loading in IE'. Also, deleting your "Temp. Internet Files" every so often helps in regards to image loading.

Also thanx Dr3w,

Will try that out too. Problem isn't the end of the world but a little annoying at times.

Catch you all later,
Blue

This is a known problem for those who upgraded to sp1. I bet you all have Norton antivirus on your systems. I also bet you you never shut it down before you upgraded to sp1. You MUST shut it down first. If this is the case you must delete sp1, reboot, disable norton and then install sp1.

Hope this helps.
Stealer

Posted by stealer
This is a known problem for those who upgraded to sp1. I bet you all have Norton antivirus on your systems. I also bet you you never shut it down before you upgraded to sp1. You MUST shut it down first. If this is the case you must delete sp1, reboot, disable norton and then install sp1.
Nope none of that applies to me. I'm running avg & sp1 was loaded freah from a slipstreamed cd. Ah well it's only a minor irritation.

ha...believe this...I still have not downloaded sp1...waiting to get home.

anyway, it's possible spi corrupted the temp internet files, just delete them and see if that helps

I 100% agree, its sych a small issue so easliy solved (hit refresh) but is really annoying :mad:

Have u tried to look on microsofts site for help? There seems to be a fair few ppl with this problem- im sure SOMEONE will have found a fix

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back