Image Simulation Drive

G

geemix

Hiya guys,

Can anyone tell me why I have IMAGE SIMULATION SCSI CD ROM DEVICE showing up in my DVD devices?

I have tried to delete this and no luck Everytime WinXP reboots, it adds it back in! I never used to have this device! Any ideas what it is and why it keeps returning? (Only software I use is Nero so far)

This only appeared after a format and fresh install of WinXP, I never had this device on previous systems! Weird!

Strange thing is, before the format and fresh install, my Pioneer A04 was buring fine in UDMA and now I get coasters! I need to run it in PIO, so I was wondering if the above device is causing me problems?

I have the latest ASPI drivers installed, but again, I normally used older ones without probs, so has anyone else had any issues like this?

Basically if my A04 is in UDMA (second IDE Channel as Master), it writes the lead in and then fails! In PIO mode all works fine! Like I say, I never ever had to use PIO before. So I am confused!

Can anyone help?

T.I.A.

Hey guys,

I got rid of the image drive by removing Nero, Clone CD and CDRWin5. unsure which one was installing it as I just removed them all at the same time.

Hope that helps anyone else in future with this issue....

Its not Clone CD :D
I've been using Clone CD for long time now
& its never created a virtual drive ;)
if thats any help

hypnoeyes[1].gif

it was nero i also have nero installed but it never did what you described although it does have the option to intall the nero software required to make an "imagedrive" you must have installed the software when you installed nero

My CDRWIN does this. Pretty useless. I use Daemon Tools instead. Let's you mount several .bin-files at the same time.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back