Image color in Photoshop not correct

zeke_mo

(value not set)
Staff member
Political Access
I just loaded a picture up into photoshop to mess around with it and the color in photoshop does not match the color inside the windows preview window(which is the correct color). I had this problem before I cant remember how I fixed it, if I recall it had something to do with a monitor profile or something. If anybody has any thoughts that would be great :) Thanks ahead

Attachments

• psprob.JPG
    psprob.JPG
    267.7 KB · Views: 134
You are correct in assuming its most likely a color profile, there are a couple possible fixes.

If you havnt already, follow the Adobe Gamma Wizard in the Control Panel. This alone might make a slight difference.

Assuming you havnt changed any of the default PS color settings, when in Photoshop itself goto

Edit>Assign Color Profile

This will bring up a small menu where you can choose one of three settings, one of them has a drop down. Now, try choosing any of the other ones till yuo think that its correct. You can also choose another profile from the drop down list, however I think you would most likely want to choose the working RGB profile. Just make sure you have done the Adobe Gamma Wizard.

If none of that works, then there is another place we can look.

Last edited:
I did the adobe gamma and it didnt really help much, and when I goto assign the profile its already on working RGB... :( Whats the next thing to check?

Did you try any of the other modes? Try that first if you haven't before we move on.

If your main concern is getting a match between PS and the Windows preview, try setting the PS Color Settings to "Colour Management Off".
However, PS always uses Colour Management to a greater or lesser extent (you can't actually turn it off), Windows viewers don't use CM so you will never get an exact match.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back