I'm on x64!

Khayman

I'm sorry Hal...
Political Access
Just got x64 up and runnning, only took....7 hours! damn raid controlers!

hehe either dont use raid or use a sensible raid controller, or go beat BillG with a Baguette :p

Cool. :)
I'll probably go 64-bit only once Vista hits Beta 2 or RC. The A64 4000+ is still sitting there in its packaging.

COngrats, I'm posting from my x64 install as well. =) Though mine didn't take 7 hours to install, it did take 2 months to get up the nerve.

I just got mine set up a few days ago also. Noticed a definite speed increase although I also upgraded from an IDE hard drive to SATA:). Only gripe I have is that I'm not happy with the current selection of virtual drive software. Daemon Tools should be out any day though.

im on a c64! jk (been drinking)

NetRyder said:
Cool. :)
I'll probably go 64-bit only once Vista hits Beta 2 or RC. The A64 4000+ is still sitting there in its packaging.

Well whatcha waiting for? Break out the a64 already.

:)

what benefits are there to xp64 over 32? my friend has a 64-bit machine but hasn't been in a hurry to get xp64 because he shouldn't see any gain in 3d apps (games :p), right?

As far as I am aware only Far Cry has a 64 bit version so far.

As for anything else I can't really comment on speed differences since my old computer was really old, so everything seems to run much faster now :)

Khayman said:
As far as I am aware only Far Cry has a 64 bit version so far.
so even games and apps have to be 64-bit specific? i thought it was just drivers.

32bit apps will run fine (for the most part) but if they are not built/compliled for 64 bit then they can;t use the extra umpf

gotcha, thanks.

reputation.gif

Well you say that but Photoshop CS2 has special optimisations.
I also reckon World of warcraft is 64bit as it doesn't have that *32 in processes.

Electronic Punk said:
Well you say that but Photoshop CS2 has special optimisations.
I also reckon World of warcraft is 64bit as it doesn't have that *32 in processes.

That is very interesting.

I have a copy of Xp64 but was forced to go back to 32 until Rhapsody decides to make their software support xp64 :-/. Hopefully that won't take too long so I can give WoW a try again.

When I first built my 64 3500 I loaded windows 64 bit OS on it ( that was about 6 months ago) and I could not get my scanner to work, trying to set up raid and SATA drives was a nightmare plus several programs threw wobblies.
So it was back to 32 bit and no problems.

trackrat said:
When I first built my 64 3500 I loaded windows 64 bit OS on it ( that was about 6 months ago) and I could not get my scanner to work, trying to set up raid and SATA drives was a nightmare plus several programs threw wobblies.
So it was back to 32 bit and no problems.

That was six months ago hehe...

I had no problem with RAID on my nforce 4 sli board, and the only application that does not work for me is Rhapsody.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back