I'm having a lot of problems with themes.*Sighs*

Punkrulz

Somewhat eXPerienced
Alright,

Now I'm becomming awfully frustrated with this. I can't win with no matter what I do. Here's the story.

I once had StyleXP installed because it was the only way I knew how to manage themes within Windows XP. Eventually I know that I had found out about the uxtheme.dll patch that you could apply so you didn't need a theme program. That worked great, I had actually used a theme from StyleXP called Cough drop, but it was black, something I couldn't configure in Windows...

In any case, you know months and months pass, until about few days ago. My buddy had told me that he had gotten this awesome screen saver I had seen on his computer from a newer version of StyleXP. So I try to install it. Damn, the registry information is still on my computer telling it that I can't even try the demo, as I had already tried it before... so I go to uninstall it. It undoes my uxtheme.dll patch, removes my themes, and put me at Windows XP Blue.

So I tried getting it back, and it wouldn't let me... it just wasn't working. Now I also had a lot of themes on my computer that whenever you would switch to them, the computer would crash. So I decided to delete them. Now I deleted my Windows XP Blue / Silver / Olive theme...

So now I'm looking for more resources, and I remember something about Windows Blinds in the past. So I installed that. Not bad, I was made happy, found some themes, although it's the demo... found a couple of themes I had liked... now one thing I had noticed was that if I had gone into my Display Properties, it would remove the theme, keep the colors, and change me to classic theme... so I never understood that.

Well I was on the phone with my grandmother, and went into my display properties, and basically Windows Blinds uninstalled itself. Nowhere in my desktop, start menu, program files, windows list, nothing... I go to change my theme under Appearance, and I get a run dll as 32 error or something like that...

Can some of you experts please help me? :(

I had the system restore option disabled for better performance.

Anyone have any other ideas, or perhaps what I can do to bypass my problem, or fix it? Or methods I can get to use themes again without any problems? I wouldn't mind the uxtheme.dll thing if I could find themes that had the windows modern tool bar style and windows we'll say and not classic... but I found only those type themes with programs. :(

I just downloaded a theme from http://www.themexp.org [that's the site I should have been going to, much better than .com] called ForeverBlue, after installing it and trying to run this, I first got an error about involving style.dll or something like that...

then I got this:

rundllasapp.jpg

*Sighs*

Have you tried the Windows File Protection scanner?

If not, insert your Windows XP CD and go Start>Run and type

sfc /scannow

and wait. There isnt any report at the end. That should make sure the uxtheme patch was removed and you can patch it agian.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back