I'm going nuts.....

Nice, a high profile helpdesk position.

I hope you get it, sounds like a great learning experience !!

Good luck today DR, pulling for ya.

Woo, I got the job.

I was at the interview for 1 hour and 45 minutes.

I got a call at 4:35 EST today, with a job offer and a start date :D

More money than I expected too, life is good :)

It's not much of a help desk position, as I won't be in the "help desk".

It's more of an on-site thing for the production department. I get to work hand-in-hand with all the anchors, and get to work with a sh*t load of cutting edge technology :)

EXCELLENT!!!!

Congratulations man!

*awaits hookups*

hehe, thanks guys :)

I dont know if anyone else has ever visited the campus, but it's a thing of beauty. Just driving by the place gave me the shakes. I have never seen so many HUGGEEE satellite dishes :D

There is security allllll over. I needed to sign in like 15 different places, nuts!

IT Department is 300+ strong, seperated into sooo many different departments. From a geek standpoint, it's an incredible place to get a job at, with endless possibility for learning and advancement.

And of course, there is the perk of traveling to every major sporting event, ever. I heard already that when ESPN starts covering MNF this fall, I may have to go :)

wwwdjrcs said:
I heard already that when ESPN starts covering MNF this fall, I may have to go :)

Rat ***tard! Rub it in why dontcha!

NICE!!!

You will be the geek on the sidelines with a laptop and a beer right? :D

Awesome Dude, Congrats!

Thanks everyone, am very psyched :)

Tomorrow I have to go down fill out my paperwork and sign my life away, w00t :D

Officially ended my first shift as an ESPN employee.

This sleeping schedule is going to mess me up for a bit, as I'm very tired atm :(

However, last night was sooooooooo cool. I got to STAND on the Sportscenter set and watch the show live. This, by far, was the COOLEST thing I have ever, ever seen.

:)

wow. sounds like i have to hate you a lot now :p :)

Khayman said:
wow. sounds like i have to hate you a lot now :p :)
Man it was soo cool :)

I walked through and saw more autographed jerseys and pictures from all these current and future hall of famers, it gave me the shivers.

As an employee, you can get this HUGE ESPN banner, and hang it in the area of the anchors ( referenced as "The Talent") and over time they will all sign it for you. So in about a month or so, I should have a huge ESPN banner to hang in my place signed by everyone :)

They have awesome offices, are all really nice, and I got to meet and shake hands/talk with a bunch of them last night.

Soooooooooooooooooo amazing :)!!!

Congrats dude ... Good to hear that. Sounds like a really fun job ..

Fun is an understatement.

For the first hour last night, we all BS'ed about sports, kicked around a soccer ball and had some "around the water cooler fun" :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back