I'm getting a new project...

Unleashed

We Speak Geek
Having sold my beloved Mercedes having spent just over a year rebuilding it from the ground up (damn moving country) , I've had a hankering for a decent, fast, RWD car again (my Jetta is dull, slow and wrong wheel drive), so when I saw this for sale I had to grab it.

350CID (5.7L) V8. 3 speed automatic. Needs some resto work, but shouldn't be too bad.

Ladies and gentlemen, I'm buying a 1970 Pontiac LeMans.

Anyway, got some pics of it last week, in its current location. I'll take delivery of it in spring (it's only 10 mins from my house but since I don't have a garage I won't be working on it anytime soon).

n666420720_5135126_5162.jpg

n666420720_5135127_5391.jpg

n666420720_5135128_5612.jpg

I can't wait to get stuck in!

3 speed? Jebus.

Anyway, be sure to keep us updated with plenty of pics/news. I for one shall be very interested in progress :D

Pontiac made a pretty awesome 400 big block, found in some mid-70's Grand Prix's, you should try to locate one for this build. A buddy of mine had a '71 LeMans w/ a GTO hood, something like this one. I loved that freaking car but he didn't take good care of it. :cry: Definately keep this thread full of progress pics! :smoker:

nice :) time for a Big block Chevy, with a ford rear end, nice pick up... keep us updated on the progress :)

Thing is, if it was Canadian made (I'm guessing it probably is - until I check out the paperwork I won't know), then it had the Chevy motor & transmission. If it was US made then it's Pontiac in-house.

Hell, if I was to go big block, it would have to be this baby:

http://www.jegs.com/p/Edelbrock/887183/10002/-1

Unfortunately waaaaaaaay outta my price range, but wouldn't it be fun?

If this motor is beyond salvage then I'll look into a big block, but things like these are pretty rare out here in Atlantic Canada!

Trukkman - that LeMans is gorgeous! I do wish mine was 2dr, but beggers can't be choosers!

Hell, if I was to go big block, it would have to be this baby:

http://www.jegs.com/p/Edelbrock/887183/10002/-1

Unfortunately waaaaaaaay outta my price range, but wouldn't it be fun?
$12k is out of most people's price range. :laugh: But don't sell the 400 BB short, you could get the whole car for $100 in some cases, rebuild the motor for around $2k and still have an awesome pavement pounder. I knew a guy who had one bored to 409 CID with an aggressive profile cam and it was more power than I would ever need.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back