I'm getting a new project...

Unleashed

We Speak Geek
Having sold my beloved Mercedes having spent just over a year rebuilding it from the ground up (damn moving country) , I've had a hankering for a decent, fast, RWD car again (my Jetta is dull, slow and wrong wheel drive), so when I saw this for sale I had to grab it.

350CID (5.7L) V8. 3 speed automatic. Needs some resto work, but shouldn't be too bad.

Ladies and gentlemen, I'm buying a 1970 Pontiac LeMans.

Anyway, got some pics of it last week, in its current location. I'll take delivery of it in spring (it's only 10 mins from my house but since I don't have a garage I won't be working on it anytime soon).

I can't wait to get stuck in!

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
3 speed? Jebus.

Anyway, be sure to keep us updated with plenty of pics/news. I for one shall be very interested in progress :D

trukkmann

OSNN Addict
Pontiac made a pretty awesome 400 big block, found in some mid-70's Grand Prix's, you should try to locate one for this build. A buddy of mine had a '71 LeMans w/ a GTO hood, something like this one. I loved that freaking car but he didn't take good care of it. :cry: Definately keep this thread full of progress pics! :smoker:

tdinc

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
nice :) time for a Big block Chevy, with a ford rear end, nice pick up... keep us updated on the progress :)

Unleashed

We Speak Geek
Thing is, if it was Canadian made (I'm guessing it probably is - until I check out the paperwork I won't know), then it had the Chevy motor & transmission. If it was US made then it's Pontiac in-house.

Hell, if I was to go big block, it would have to be this baby:

http://www.jegs.com/p/Edelbrock/887183/10002/-1

Unfortunately waaaaaaaay outta my price range, but wouldn't it be fun?

If this motor is beyond salvage then I'll look into a big block, but things like these are pretty rare out here in Atlantic Canada!

Trukkman - that LeMans is gorgeous! I do wish mine was 2dr, but beggers can't be choosers!

trukkmann

OSNN Addict
Hell, if I was to go big block, it would have to be this baby:

http://www.jegs.com/p/Edelbrock/887183/10002/-1

Unfortunately waaaaaaaay outta my price range, but wouldn't it be fun?
$12k is out of most people's price range. :laugh: But don't sell the 400 BB short, you could get the whole car for $100 in some cases, rebuild the motor for around $2k and still have an awesome pavement pounder. I knew a guy who had one bored to 409 CID with an aggressive profile cam and it was more power than I would ever need.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.
Terrahertz wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Yo fellas!
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Where are you buddy?
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey EP! All good with me, applying for Microsoft MVP right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by coming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier!
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
EP, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AntonioPR