Im considering tradeing my pc for a laptop but cant decide.

• Thread starter Majestic_twelve
  • Start date
M

Majestic_twelve

Hypothetical question, I am usure if i want to proceed so dont laugh at me.

I am sort on cash and I need a laptop for college, I have 2 desktops but would like to trade one for a laptop, I was thinking of selling one of my desktops in the paper to buy a laptop but I invested alot of time and money in them and would not get very much for them and laptops are expensive like $2,000. I checked out ebay and pricewatch but most of them that are selling for under $300 are damaged.

Do you think anyone would actual trade a desktop for a laptop the system is two years old and I am the original owner.
it does not include a monitor or anything else not mentioned.

System stats:
AMD Thunderbird 700mhz slotA
(Cooler Master cpu fan with artic silver II)
mobo: K7s2000
40gb Maxtor Hd
128mb ram pc133 (kingston double sided)
AGP 8mb Card (S3 Savage)
Wintv Card
Iomagic dvd 12x
Soundblaster16 Sound card pci version
2 usb ports
Floppy
300 watt power supply.
Cyclone blower inside case.
Windows xp pro
mid tower dell case (case is fugly, could use a mod. If your into that.).
Misc Software installed such as: windows xp pro, Zone Alarm pro, Pc cillion 2000 antivirus, InterVideo WinDVD,powerdvd,RealOne Player, Nero, thumbsplus. I can compile a list if you like, I have alot of software applications and games installed since I used to use the machine as a internet fileserver.

Laptop I need.
must include at least:

12' Tft Display (with no cracks or discoloration)
400mhz
32mb ram
4 gig harddrive
1 free pc
1 Pcmcia slot free or a ethernet card.
4x cdrom
with floppy drive.
I don't need a battery but must come with a power cord or ac adapter.

Thank you for checking this out,
Maj

we all know PCs lose their value the minute you open the parts boxes. Thats a given. You probably won't find someone to trade unless you can con some freshman that he needs a gaming rig instead of the lousy laptop! Or you could sell your rig for pennies on the dollar, and buy the laptop. For school you don't need a 2000dollar machine. cel 900, 10 gig for $1100.

I got a laptop from ubid.com on an auction.

Sony Vaio PCG-FXA36

athlon 1gigz
256 pc 133 memory
20 gig hd
15" display
8 mg vid card (no 3d acceleration)

i got it for a bit over $1150
it was refurbished but works great.
What do you need a laptop for college for? just use a pen its cheaper

Bootsy,

Well I would sale my rig in the paper but trust me where I live no would take 900 for an ad in the paper for a machine 2 years old. I seen ads for rigs selling for 100-300 in the paper.

I would put it up for auction on a site but I can't create a sellers account most require a u.s bank account a credit card. f4<$(# If some one could set up an sellers account for me I would sell my auction my rig.

Why do I need a laptop for college you ask, when I can use a pen? Are you nuts?
Well I am going to take the following classes: Criminal Pychology, Computer Sciencies,linguistics,forensics, Toxicology,and Biochemistry.

To top that off I am currently doing Satalite Mapping part time for the government and doing a few websites for my church. A laptop would be used for more than just school.

Please excuse my grammer.

Originally posted by Bootsy
I got a laptop from ubid.com on an auction.

Sony Vaio PCG-FXA36

athlon 1gigz
256 pc 133 memory
20 gig hd
15" display
8 mg vid card (no 3d acceleration)

i got it for a bit over $1150
it was refurbished but works great.
What do you need a laptop for college for? just use a pen its cheaper

to b honest u'll b lucky 2 get alot 4 ur computer let alone a half decent laptop:( but u may b able get sum dumb ass with no real experience 2 buy it off u 4 a bit.

I am graduating this december with a double major, psychology and comp sci and I never take my laptop to class. I just take notes and then transfer them to my hard drive when I get home. Of course I can write faster than I can type.

i found a solution

Guess what I explained my situation to my boss at work and she gave me her laptop for one of my desktops. She was so nice I gave her my geforce4 video card I was going to upgrade one of my other desktops with.

The only draw back is it had windows 95 installed and some old company record on it, but thats ok I have an extra copy of windows98 or linux to install on it, since its not fast enuff to install windows xp on it.

Herese the lappys stats:
IBM Thinkpad 390E
PII 300 cpu
32MB ram
3GB hd
56K fax modem
13.3" Active Matrix XGA Color LCD
24X cdrom Integrated
1.44 MB Integrated
Power AC Adapter/Charger
It even came with a docking station.

think it woulda been a fairer trade if it was the laptop for the ge4:)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back