im a little confused in Computer Management

IDLE

OSNN Senior Addict
look at the SS ive uploaded. if you notice on disk 1 (which ia SATA 250gig HDD) is showing i have 446 gigs total space. what the hell is going in here? is this some sort of RAID configuration? i didnt setup any kind of raid on this PC. can anyone help me out with this?

thx

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    191.3 KB · Views: 202
they are listed above correctly. drives C:\ and E:\ are on one drive...drive 1 and D:\ F:\ and G:\ are on drive 0

Hmm look at mine My C: is a raid 0 array.. So i dont think your issue is anything to do with that....

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 177
My guess would be that the drive is in an un-healthy state. Try running a CHKDSK?

ran a chkdsk on both drives for disk 1 and the result is the same situation.

[FONT=&quot]Run a drive diagnostic from the manufacturer

Then try to assign a drive letter too the free space and try to allocate that unallocated space. Id back very important stuff up before i tried that though.
[/FONT]

It is an unformatted partition.

It is if the drive was mislabled and he got a 500 gig. if he truly does have a 250 gig then its a f up.

It is an unformatted partition.

good call man!

i opened up Acronis disk doctor to see what it viewed. it viewed on my disk 1 that it shows my C:\ correct my E:\ correct and 43 gigs unallocated. what i did was reformatted the E:\ drive to a logical instead of a primary. once this was done Comp. Mang. is viewing verything correctly.

weird stuff. but i thought i would post the fix.

thanks for your help guys!

Still rather odd that Windows couldn't properly interpret the amount of free space, I've never seen that before. I would still question the health/integrity of the drive IMO

Still rather odd that Windows couldn't properly interpret the amount of free space, I've never seen that before. I would still question the health/integrity of the drive IMO

Windows does that all the time ;) Less with more recent OS builds. I usually run a chkdsk as earlier suggested.... good to see it got resolved

Nice call J79.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back