im a little confused in Computer Management

IDLE

OSNN Senior Addict
look at the SS ive uploaded. if you notice on disk 1 (which ia SATA 250gig HDD) is showing i have 446 gigs total space. what the hell is going in here? is this some sort of RAID configuration? i didnt setup any kind of raid on this PC. can anyone help me out with this?

thx

Attachments

IDLE

OSNN Senior Addict
they are listed above correctly. drives C:\ and E:\ are on one drive...drive 1 and D:\ F:\ and G:\ are on drive 0

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
My guess would be that the drive is in an un-healthy state. Try running a CHKDSK?

IDLE

OSNN Senior Addict
ran a chkdsk on both drives for disk 1 and the result is the same situation.

[FONT=&quot]Run a drive diagnostic from the manufacturer

Then try to assign a drive letter too the free space and try to allocate that unallocated space. Id back very important stuff up before i tried that though.
[/FONT]

It is if the drive was mislabled and he got a 500 gig. if he truly does have a 250 gig then its a f up.

IDLE

OSNN Senior Addict
It is an unformatted partition.

good call man!

i opened up Acronis disk doctor to see what it viewed. it viewed on my disk 1 that it shows my C:\ correct my E:\ correct and 43 gigs unallocated. what i did was reformatted the E:\ drive to a logical instead of a primary. once this was done Comp. Mang. is viewing verything correctly.

weird stuff. but i thought i would post the fix.

thanks for your help guys!

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
Still rather odd that Windows couldn't properly interpret the amount of free space, I've never seen that before. I would still question the health/integrity of the drive IMO

Mastershakes

OSNN Veteran Addict
Still rather odd that Windows couldn't properly interpret the amount of free space, I've never seen that before. I would still question the health/integrity of the drive IMO
Windows does that all the time ;) Less with more recent OS builds. I usually run a chkdsk as earlier suggested.... good to see it got resolved

Nice call J79.

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey ep!

All good with me, applying for microsoft mvp right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by comming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier, mine is perriscalderon at gmail
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barrous