Illegal XP owners beware, Microsoft has quite a suprise planned

MS should consider selling indivdual corporate keys to users for $50 that allow up to 10 licenses per key. This may allow unauthorized users to register what ever copy they have. A friend of mine just shared with me..."its not that I like using a bootlegged OS, its none of MS or any other company business who or what I have on my computer as long as I am a law abiding person".

Personally I do not like the activation either! I feel the cost ($199) for a full version is to high for personal use. MS should consider lowering the cost to $75 for a 10 license pseronal user.

This may generate unexpected fourth quarter revenue for MS.

gates didnt get it on steve w.... (wozniack) he just invernted the pc
he pulled it on steve jobs... hes the one with the pigheaded pirated vision...... and all he did was beat him to the punch

No way that is getting through. (Palladeum or whatever) It is way to controling of people computers. It breaks the constitution in soo many ways. Both American and Canadian. Not to mention it give M$ full control the the PCs, and gives them a monopoly which they won't like either.

not an expert or a hacker, cracker, etc...just an user :D

well, i have 2 legit copies of windows software (98 & ME)

the only things that worries me is with all this thing aboout fighting terrorism seems to me that, that kind of thing could be passed..........

by the way:

i have no sp installed and xp works great

what about this, What if people just don't install the SP, WinXP will still work.

Originally posted by Goatman
No way that is getting through. (Palladeum or whatever) It is way to controling of people computers. It breaks the constitution in soo many ways. Both American and Canadian. Not to mention it give M$ full control the the PCs, and gives them a monopoly which they won't like either.

That's not the worst part of it. The Internet as we know it today will cease to exist, it will be devided into two camps, those who are owned by Microsoft and those who are using Open Source OS's.

As the article states

"At the present moment, an upgrade to Windows XP SP1 from Windows XP with no SP installation will not give any problems or errors about an invalid CD-Key on a corporate version of Windows XP. This is because the new algorithm feature has been switched off in SP1 upgrades. To get to see this new feature, you would have to slipstream SP1 into the Windows XP installation media and setup Windows. Once you’ve reached the CD-key, no current Corporate Windows XP key (none of the 75 that we’ve tried) will work"

Which says.....If you upgrade right now with SP1 your ok because "the new algorithm feature has been switched off in SP1 upgrades"...The only way this new feature will do anything is if you slipstream xp corp with the SP1 update. Thats what the article says, so I think everyone as of right now are reading into this way too much.

We are going to have to wait till SP1 is released for any real information.

you're all right, about how there is no stopping of hackers and code crackers.... I am a mere pir8, and yes, cd burners in it's day paid for itself very well. The warez scene is unstoppable. it's just a waste of money and effort for them to try and stop us. Look at XBOX, when they first introduced it, they said they're losing money on every XBOX they sell, and gaining revenue from the games. A few months later, price drop... now they're losing 'more than' $100 per XBOX console they sell. hahahehae and NOW?? XBOX mod chips, so no one will buy retail games, so where does XBOX gain revenue? nowhere!

back to the topic about cracking, why don't OSes do something like, instead of algorithms, that checks a key if it's valid or not, through a formula, why not just bank a limited number of keys, random keys that don't lead to any algorithms or formulas? That way, u can't just generate keys, cause there would be no leads.

How about those with cracked versions just turn yourselves in. It just may be a mind cleansing eXPerience. Nobody will be mad at you. Hell, include it on your next resume as a bullet to demonstrate your honesty.:D

no way iam never gonner give in to billyboy and his band of trained monkeys, and why is bill so intent on having conrol of our pc's , cant he affored his own ? lol

ROFLMAO!!!

OMG!!

I can't believe how many people think its true or that its a possibility.

The average home user wouldn't care one way or the other since they don't pay attention. However, there are still too many of us advanced PC users (Windows, Mac, Linux alike) that would NEVER let this happen. And we are the only ones who ever voice an opinion on these matters. So all the voices AGAINST it would be heard and none of the pro voices would.

This type of thing will never fly. I don't care how big Microsoft is, or even who the 100 companies are. Intel and AMD (or atleast AMD since they are more intouch with the hardcore PC crowd) will realize the loss in profit if they went this route and will back off.

Of the many things that companies/government try to mess with and change, the PC is the hardest one to do it to. And with our economy the way it is (and WorldCom filing chapter 11), companies can't afford to risk their financial state on something like this.

Plain and simple, its either a hoax or something that will just never happen anyways.

even the site where this stupid message originated (betaone) are also saying the originator (orig) of the message was either on dope or is dope :D

Does the government really support this? Microsft will get more than just 0wning all of our computers, with WorldCom out of the way, Level 3 Communications might buy WorldCom and then when the person who owns Level 3 Communications is friends with Bill Gates and that second richest guy and then soon Bill Gates is gonna get a piece of that and sooner or later owning the ACTUAL internet, the hardware of it.

I think Microsoft are going a bit 2 far now! Why don't the try to put out a BUG free operating system for once, that actually likes taking new hardware. :mad:

The Government would never allow Microsoft to own Level 3 communications or any other major companies running backbone support for the internet. They might be able to have stock in the company or have a partial ownership of some sort, but not full ownership and control.

Look at MSNBC. Microsoft wanted to buy NBC completely, but Gov't stepped in and stopped them. All they can do is call it MSNBC and leave it at that. No major control at all. Heck, they have less than minor control of it. Like a silent owner in a sense.

And at that point, Apple would whip up a storm and complain. So would Sun and several other companies that produce OSes and internet content software.

Quote: "The Government would never allow Microsoft to own Level 3 communications"

Yes, on paper...:D

I can tell ya now judging by Sun Microsystems stock, Unless somthing changes there we may not have to worry about how sun is going to stop Microsoft. Such a nice stock now selling in the Single digit range!! What a shame

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back