• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

IIS 6 question

We have a server here at the office that serves as a repository of all of our server information, docs, files, etc. A few years back I threw together a rather crude webpage that housed tech support numbers, Terminal Server Advanced Client, and other pertinent information related to our servers in the company. The only group that needs to access this information is the Domain Admins group. At one time I had the security set on this website so that non-members of the Domain Admin group would get prompted for a username, password, and domain when they tried to hit the page and could go no further. For some reason, that prompting has stopped and now any user on the domain can hit the page with no problem. Could anyone familiar with IIS 6 perhaps point me to some documentation that describes securing this website. Thanks in advance for any info.

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
gballard said:
We have a server here at the office that serves as a repository of all of our server information, docs, files, etc. A few years back I threw together a rather crude webpage that housed tech support numbers, Terminal Server Advanced Client, and other pertinent information related to our servers in the company. The only group that needs to access this information is the Domain Admins group. At one time I had the security set on this website so that non-members of the Domain Admin group would get prompted for a username, password, and domain when they tried to hit the page and could go no further. For some reason, that prompting has stopped and now any user on the domain can hit the page with no problem. Could anyone familiar with IIS 6 perhaps point me to some documentation that describes securing this website. Thanks in advance for any info.
I agree with the article listed above me, good post by him. Sounds like somehow things got messed up, and IIS reverted to Integrated Windows Authentication. (This would be why no one is being prompted for credentials)

madmatt

Bow Down to the King
Political User
I haven't read the article, but you can set permissions on the directory itself.

e.g. C:\Inetpub\wwwroot

Set permissions so only Domain Admins have access to it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seggar