if you remember, I invented this

Perris Calderon

dealer
Staff member
Political Access
take a look at this

Sprint's Kyocera Echo dual-screen Android phone announced, we go hands-on (update) -- Engadget

if you remember a while back ep had a phone contest for us to suggest improvements on phones, I came up with the dual screen

I actually had that idea first for laptops long long ago, then when the 6700 first came out and approached a driver writer with the idea, I have no idea if he ran with it without me or not but it's documented, never mentioned anywhere before my email to him

anyway, my vision adds texture to the second bottom screen so when you switch to keyboard mode it's more like a true hardwared keyboard

my vision also has a better integeragtion between screens, there's no reason for a substantial border between screens with current technology

ps

ep, thanks for adding that flash thingy, it seems we don't even have to parse links anymore, I just pasted the address up there and the board did the rest for description of link...nice

tube below

[ame="http://www.viddler.com/explore/engadget/videos/2465/"]Viddler.com - Kyocera Echo hands-on - Uploaded by engadget@@AMEPARAM@@http://www.viddler.com/player/51faae06/@@AMEPARAM@@51faae06/[/ame]

excellent, now we can imbed other flash besides youflash...great app

Last edited:
the nokia communicator had dual screens too - though not to the extent in the video there.

Looks crazy clunky and awkward. I'd rather have a larger screen.

take a look at this

Sprint's Kyocera Echo dual-screen Android phone announced, we go hands-on (update) -- Engadget

if you remember a while back ep had a phone contest for us to suggest improvements on phones, I came up with the dual screen

I actually had that idea first for laptops long long ago, then when the 6700 first came out and approached a driver writer with the idea, I have no idea if he ran with it without me or not but it's documented, never mentioned anywhere before my email to him

anyway, my vision adds texture to the second bottom screen so when you switch to keyboard mode it's more like a true hardwared keyboard

my vision also has a better integeragtion between screens, there's no reason for a substantial border between screens with current technology

ps

ep, thanks for adding that flash thingy, it seems we don't even have to parse links anymore, I just pasted the address up there and the board did the rest for description of link...nice

tube below

Viddler.com - Kyocera Echo hands-on - Uploaded by [email]engadget

excellent, now we can imbed other flash besides youflash...great app
you should sue :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back