if you never saw this show (The Wire), you're missing out :)

epk

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
A few days ago, a dvd box set containing the complete series of The wire came out.
This may just be HBO's best show ever.. and one of the best to ever come out on tv (well, it's no twin peaks, but then again, no one is ;)). The story, the way its told, the characters.. everything is just so well done that it'll keep you hooked from day one.
You can read reviews pretty much everywhere and they're all the same, even if it was never a ratings champ or an awards favorite, the critics all coincide: it's a great show.
Everyone who hasn't seen it should definitely give it a try. Maybe rent the first season, like i did, and you'll be blown away.

you can gat it from amazon at only 134.49$ (and they ship worldwide)

Re: if you never saw this show, you're missing out :)

The thing with renting is that they only give you one dvd with four episodes at a time, which is a rip and then buying it i'll watch it once and never see it again. Thats why HBO should get on the hulu bandwagon and just slap on like premiums for hulu that apply to hbo and showtime.... I'd pay for that wouldnt' you?

Yeah, this is one series I really want to check out.

oh, trust me.. this is a series you'll watch more than once

btw.. silly me.. here's a link where you guys can find more info on the show

*modified thread title to include the series name*

Usually helpful to let people know what series you're talking about before jumping into the thread :) :p

oh, hehe.. thanks fitzy

Oh man, The Wire was like the bestest show evar. A really well written show. If you ever have the chance, get/see/buy it, you won't be disappointed.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back