If aol was a city.

bobsalot

Boooooooooooooooooooom
  1. You'd live in a place where no two people had the same name.​
  2. You'd only pay $21.95 a month to live there, but half the time you tried to leave your house, the door would be stuck.​
  3. Once you got outside, even if you were in a hurry, you'd be assaulted by slimy little door-to-door sales creeps offering you great AOL 14.4 modems for only $399.99.​
  4. The commute to work is just a double-click away, but every time you try to leave your driveway, the flow of traffic knocks you back into your yard.​
  5. The local post office would tell your mother you're not a known resident.​
  6. The local post office won't forward your mail to you when you move.​
  7. If you saw a crime and called 911, they'd reply a week later with a form letter saying how you "really are important to us."​
  8. Every time you went shopping, you'd be kicked out of the store by a bouncer screaming, "We're Sorry, This Store is Temporarily Unavailable"​
  9. Whenever you traveled to other cities, people would see your license tag and laugh at you, behind your back.​
  10. You'd occasionally be sent home during your day by another bouncer telling you that the city has performed an illegal operation.​
  11. You'd not have any idea who your neighbors are, and most new arrivals would move in at night, stuff everyone's mailbox with garbage, and vacate before sun-up.​
  12. The administration would build a huge, state of the art park, and allow the kids to play there free, then suddenly start demanding money.​

I hate AOL. I threatened to get a divorce if any AOL CD is ever inserted into my computer.

wwwdjrcs said:
*mails AOL CD to Mrs. Steevo*

:p

*laughs that you still get them*

Whenever you traveled to other cities, people would see your license tag and laugh at you, behind your back.

should be behind your back, forever.

It's fair to poke fun at America Offline... I feel about the same way concerning them as I do Mr. Rawlsky, who got nailed by the Slashdot community for being the king of spam who's sent out 1 billion unsolicited spams per day :eek: Funnier yet, was when he expressed extreme distress at receiving only a fraction of his unsolicited mail, delivered back at his own doorstep :D

Oh a side note, I sent a complaint to the BBB about their CDs. They claimed that they took me off their mailing list, but I got another CD in the mail last month. When I filed another complaint, they only wrote back to say they removed me from the list, but in no way addressed the new CD they sent out anyhow... I'm holding them to their agreement :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back