if anyone can answer this as quickly as possible...

apu95

Caffeine-->Code Converter
im kind of in a hurry cuz i really really wanna buy some speakers today
im planning to buy new speakers and i dont have an advanced sound card as you can see by my specs. anyways, i could buy these speakers

http://www.alteclansing.com/product_details.asp?pID=AVS500B&sID=1

but im not sure if they can be plugged into the little green speaker output on the back of my mobo.

if they cant be plugged in, whats the maximum number of speakers i can have plugged in without haveing to buy a new soundcard?

thx, Apu

PS: anyone have any recommendations for speakers? (cant be higher than $80 cdn or $60 us)

well i dont know abou those speakers but i have the 641's here (for review) and the leads for the satellites go into the back of the sub which then has the green plug coming out of the sub into the sound card. not sure if they all do that though

You can plug any speakers you want into any sound card if they have a good amp (all the PC speakers come with a build in amp) . you can also just buy a regular amplifier and speakers to it and plug the amp into the sound card.

there's no point in buying 4.1 and 5.1 speaker sets if you only have stereo output. just get a nice 2.1 system.

hey, you can still get that 4.1 system if you want. sound will still come out of all 4 speakers, but it will still only be 2 channels, of course. this is in the pdf manual for those speakers:

altec.txt

I paid $40 for those speakers, plus I bought a creative sound blaster (mp3+gamer) for $25 at a computer show. Theres no way im hell I would recomend you to spend $60 for them. If you do buy them you should get the sound card it makes a huge difference. The subwoofer also gives you the option to choose from stereo to game. Stereo allows only 2 channels of sound and game gives you 4. If you want to take advantage of the game settings then get a sound card.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back