iexpore.exe Error

sandala22

OSNN Newbie
I am having accessing a Web Site. When I go to the site, I can pull it up with no problem or hesitation. Less than 10 seconds into it, I get a pop up box in the middle of the screen that says:
Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close.

When I click on the error report, it starts out as:

Error Signature: App Name: iexpore.exe
App version: 6.0.2900.2180

Then there are hundreds of lines of various technical jargon too long to print or write down.

I have never had this problem with any other web site.

Any thoughts on how to get through this error. I know the site has a java drop down tool bar, would that have anything to do with the error?

Thanks!

dont go on the web site. no srry. just out of interest, wat is the website.

Didn't happen to me. Please provide more details. What version of Internet Explorer on what operating system?

I don't have that information. I am the web designer of the website and a resident of the county is trying to access the site. The is the only information she provided. I emailed her requesting more and haven't heard from her yet.

This is the first time I have heard this complaint. I am guessing it is a browser issue, but not sure since it is only on this site she is experiencing problems.

For your information I am running IE 6.0 SP2 (XP Professional). I also accessed the site using IE 6.0 SP1 (2000 Professional) and had no issues.

I would be willing to bet that this person's PC has something wrong with it. Nothing with your design or code is a problem.

It is in fact IE 6.0 SP2 (WINXP). I didn't think to compare the app version against mine.

Thanks. I hope she will give me the entire error to trouble shoot from. I am looking on another site and found others that were having the same problem. Turned out to be Malware.

Still researching because I am not sure if she told me the correct error. If it is iexpore.exe or iexplore.exe.

Thanks for your thoughts. Hope to get the error report soon.

Should be "iexplore.exe"... that is the executable for Internet Explorer.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back