IE8 renders ACID2 correctly

Geffy

OSNN Veteran Addict
IE8 the currently unreleased next version of Internet Explorer correctly renders the ACID2 test which is believed by many to be a critical step in any browsers life to web standards compliance.

It would be incredible for the IE team if they can deliver IE8 before Firefox 3.0 is released as this is the first version of Firefox which passes the ACID2 test as well. It would deliver a massive blow to the Firefox crowd of standardista's if their browser were beaten.

Either way though with IE8 and FF3 ACID2 compliance is finally making it to the Windows platform. Safari 3 for Windows also passes the ACID2 test but this is still only in beta for Windows.

For more information watch the Video from Channel9

Last edited:
Opera doesn't like the widgets menu of wordpress though I found the other day :)

well, as FF3 is already in it's second open beta release, and IE8 has really only been internally tested, I would doubt that IE8 would be released prior to FF3..

Psssh... what a nub. It's OBVIOUSLY better than Acid1.

I never passed the acid test.....:eek:

but on topic its good for M$ but I will still use FF...

that 8 - 3 factor is where the FF memory leaks lie :p FF8 will be awesome :D

Pfft, programmer geek!

But 3 is a Prime Number. 8 is ordinary. :D

Math geek!

Unfortunately Safari 3 on Mac OS X 10.5.1 and 10.4.11 has had a regression and now the latest webkit nightlies as well as the core browser in the OS fail to render the ACID2 tests correctly, which really is a shame :(

I hope they fix that.

Patches have landed and will be committed to the source tree within the next few days. Acid2 compliant Safari is again. Now the wait is to see how long until it lands in the hands of the users.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back