IE7 new version leaked

yeah the older beta was not stable for me, hope this one is hehe

Yeah, Beta 2 has been leaked for a while now. The new features over Beta 1 are nice but it still was buggy for me.

Both of ya, what do you find buggy?

I've found a couple... namely with MSN checking my email inbox. Quite frequently it doesn't like my password that is remembered in MSN ... but then I enter the password again when prompted, and away we go.

Found it odd, but it still ends up going through.

I was receiving random crashes, the new Tab Overview would work basically as and when it wanted. But that was only ever when I had 30+ tabs open, so maybe I was just over using it.

It still renders sites better, and personally thats all I care about. I'm still sticking with IE6 for now though (firefox is too heavy and Opera looks horrible).

Haven't installed this myself, but I would imagine there would be performance issues in this build like Sean reported. Perf tuning hasn't actually been done yet, and the IE PMs/Devs are encouraging people not to install the leaked build (for obvious reasons). Beta 2 should perform better, I'm sure.

I have to do a refotmat, so I might try this out .

I just wanted to share this download link:

Link removed

If that is against the rules, please forgive me :)

My source remains private ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, leaked build. This is not a public beta. Can't allow download links to be posted here.

I can't get this thing to validate. I tried on two different machines, both with valid Windows. I have a feeling Microsoft has something behind the scenes going on with it ;)

I'm sure there are ways to fix, not worth it. I'll wait until Beta 2 comes out for real, Beta 1 still works good enough for me :)

On that link I sent you there are fixes. I run a valid Windows, so it let me install. If the Genuine Validation Tool is already installed the validation is much smoother.

EDIT - a close colleague of mine just installed it, but needed all the little tools on ze link. I didn't need any, but I took those steps long ago in other shapes and forms.

It's an incredible build, still havn't gotten through all the new toys to play with. CTRL+Q does something very very interesting... the fonts are really odd ... smoother or something.

I run a genuine copy too, perhaps I shall fiddle when I get home a bit.

wwwdjrcs said:
I run a genuine copy too, perhaps I shall fiddle when I get home a bit.

I've had to mess around with perfectly genuine builds. It's foolish sometimes, a little fiddlin will go a long way - PM if you need any help at all, though you should be fine.

I installed this within a VM image the other day, just to play around. Very cool build indeed. :)

Damn You.

Now you are making me want to hack and fodder with it to get it working. I was going to just leave it alone :)

EDIT: Still no worky :(

Attachments

• novalid.JPG
    novalid.JPG
    161.7 KB · Views: 90
NetRyder said:
I installed this within a VM image the other day, just to play around. Very cool build indeed. :)

What do you think of the CTRL+J ? or the new home page blissness (we can specify it to open multiple tabs on startup in Inet options...)

I think it's chillin... they've done something to the way it renders text and such as well. Looks great...

wwwdjrcs said:
Damn You.

Now you are making me want to hack and fodder with it to get it working. I was going to just leave it alone :)

EDIT: Still no worky :(

I didn't need it KC ... but I'll clue it. there is another version on that link - you can use if the standard installation didn't fly.

Mastershakes said:
I didn't need it KC ... but I'll clue it. there is another version on that link - you can use if the standard installation didn't fly.
*scurries back to D/L page*

EDIT: woo, it works :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back