Ie6

B

bilottag

Hi,
In IE6 whenver I click on the History button, the history pane pops up to the left as normal.
However, no history is shown, just a History.IE5 folder and two files (desktop.ini and index.dat). If I expand the History.IE5 folder, all I get is another index.dat file which can't be opened.
Any Ideas?

How many days have you got it set to collect ?

0pen a command line window (Start button -> Run -> cmd) and type sfc, then hit ENTER. This command line runs the System File Checker, which performs a number of services.

Run that and see if it helps

I have a similar problem.

I clean installed XPpro on 2 networked computers. Most things OK and very happy . Except that on each the history log in Internet Explorer constantly leaks and loses all their data except for the 'By most visited' category.

On one I have cleared and zeroed 'history days'. Everything went from the log, including 'most visited'. Strange thing that under 'by date' it kept a blank entry for 'Monday' (on a Tuesday). I then reset to 21 days History (previously 49), but still just a blank Monday after visiting a dozen sites at random.

I have tried Waddy's suggestion above but now on Wednesday it only shows a blank Tuesday entry. 'By Most Visited' is again populated.

All XP service downloads have been installed.

Regards RHS
:(

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back