IE6 not working for me either

Brad

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
When I try to download anything, the link wont work. Also, in an unrelated situation (i think) how do i enable activex controls?

Originally posted by Enyo
Regarding ActiveX - You need to modify the security settings for the Internet zone. Look on the security tab of the options.

When you say the link wont work, does nothing happen when you click it or does it go to page can not be displayed?
a little pop up window will come up like it is reading the link and gonna save, but then it just closes. also, i cannot right click and save as. no context menu will come up when i right click.

You can xxbigeyedfishxx can't.........that's his problem.....he can't download anything.

don't know if this will help, but try re gegistering the dlls

Quit the programs that are running

windows key+r

paste the following

regsvr32 urlmon.dll

enter

When you receive the "DllRegisterServer in urlmon.dll succeeded" message, click OK.

If this doesn't resolve the problem, repeat with the following files

Shdocvw.dll
Msjava.dll
Actxprxy.dll
Oleaut32.dll
Mshtml.dll
Browseui.dll
Shell32.dll (Windows XP and Windows 2000 only)

what will happen if i have 3rd party DLLs?

Originally posted by Hipster Doofus
You can xxbigeyedfishxx can't.........that's his problem.....he can't download anything.

Yeah - I though of that after I posted. Still not wide awake :)

/Megaohone next to coathanger007's ear------WAKE UP :p :D

xxbigeyedfishxx those 3rd party dll's could be the cause of your problem....not sure but you could copy them to a folder then try what dealer suggested. That way they will stay intact if you need them.

how is it you're close enough to coathanger while h's asleep to place a megaphone next to his ear, mr. dooffus?

if you want to try erinstalling ie...I'm not sure this will help though;

you can also reinstall ie if it comes down to it;

first, pop in the Win XP CD

windows key+run:

paste this

rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 132 c:\windows\inf\ie.inf

enter...

Wide awake now....That megaphone gave me a fright thanks a lot Doofus :) - but this problem is out of my league so I'll leave you to the good hands of the Moderators.

yeah, i just said screw it and did a repair install, it works now, i just have to patch my uxtheme.dll and such now thanks for the help yall.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back