IE6 Home Page

Jewelzz

OSNN Godlike Veteran
I have my home page set to XP-erience.org (of course, who doesn't), my daughter has always had her set to hotmail.com. 2 days ago her home page somehow got set to XP-erience.org and it won't change to anything else. How do I change her home page back to hotmail and leave mine as XP-erience?

I'm running XP Pro if that matters.

temporarily give her admin powers and change the homepage. See if that helps. It just sounds like a corrupt profile if its integrated yours.... either that or you're trying to assimilate your daughter into the fold......

But use Mozilla =) (i haven't said it in a while... feels so good =P)

Mozilla doesn't have these problems!!! =P

That's yer problem, you're using IE6. heh heh. :p

Use [SIZE=+2]Mozilla![/SIZE]

mozilla-banner.gif

the only solution I can think of jewellz... and I know this is going to be difficult to do... is

1) give me admin powers
2) give daughter new computer with her own homepage thingy predefined
3) post a piccie of yer hot self so that we cna stop having non-existential dreams about hotness and visualize the actual entity :)
4) did you read no.1 yet ?

well seriously?

if this happened a couple of days ago... probably a corrupted file someplace... easiest thing of all to do would be to roll back and go from there IF you have not installed a lot of stuff in the past few days...

it should work... if not... get back and let me know and I will look it up for you :)

don't forget to read parts 1. and 4. of above post... it could change your life for the better...

um... forgot to ask... yer logging in using 2 separate profiles right? dumb Q but had to be asked :D

what happens when you log in as her and change homepage in the tools/options in IE ? it reverts back to xp-erience.org ? does it give you any messages or does it just revert back... ?

if it changes to hotmail.com in her profile does it also change in yours ?

Originally posted by sazar99
the only solution I can think of jewellz... and I know this is going to be difficult to do... is

1) give me admin powers
2) give daughter new computer with her own homepage thingy predefined
3) post a piccie of yer hot self so that we cna stop having non-existential dreams about hotness and visualize the actual entity :)
4) did you read no.1 yet ?

NO

well seriously?

if this happened a couple of days ago... probably a corrupted file someplace... easiest thing of all to do would be to roll back and go from there IF you have not installed a lot of stuff in the past few days...

it should work... if not... get back and let me know and I will look it up for you :)
Thanx sazar99, I'll try the repair next week when I'm off from work.

don't forget to read parts 1. and 4. of above post... it could change your life for the better...

NO :D

um... forgot to ask... yer logging in using 2 separate profiles right? dumb Q but had to be asked :D

what happens when you log in as her and change homepage in the tools/options in IE ? it reverts back to xp-erience.org ? does it give you any messages or does it just revert back... ?

if it changes to hotmail.com in her profile does it also change in yours ?
Yes, we have different log ons. When she changes her home page it reverts backk to XP-erience.org...no message. :confused:

was worth a try... was trying to take advantage of damsel in distress lol... woe unto me... I failed... dang those sharp eyes of yours...

Sorry Jewelzz, Don't use IE6 that much. I use Mozilla or Opera or Netscape, mostly Mozilla. But I'm the only one that uses my puter so I don't have multiple profiles. At work we have multiple accounts but we use Netscape or Mozilla, They've got a nice profile manager. But the Boss is still using WIN 95se. Sooooo... Can't help. :(

/me taps his foot impatiently

This is the networking and internet forum, not the flash your boobies forum.

In case your wondering, the "Sons First Game" and related replies have been moved to the Fun Stuff forum

Lets keep it on topic please

JJB6486

Ut oh, JJB is on the war path to keep Networking & Internet spam and hijack free :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back