IE6 Home Page

Have you tried going into Internet Options -> Programs Tab and clicking Reset Web Settings. So it resets Explorer defaults for Home and Search Pages.

Now I'm seeing this at work and I'm loookin at Explorer 5, but it should be the same or something close to that.

See if that resets everything and then re-enter your Home Page in Internet Options. Or set it to Use Blank and see what happens.

Homepage Hijacking

Hi Jewelzz,

have you heard of Homepage Hijackers? Go to:

http://www.cexx.org/adware.htm

and scroll down to the section:

"Homepage Hijackers
Once one of these nasty ad-trojans worms onto your system, it will constantly reset your homepage (and maybe Search, etc.) to where they want you to go. You can't change it back!"

Do some reading there. Maybe that will help you out.

Kind regards.

Thanx eNuffSaid

A friend sent me that page too, I'll be looking at it over the weekend :)

Sorry to hear that - I was hoping for good news before the end of the weekend!

Originally posted by eNuffSaid
Have you checked the registry?

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\Start Page

Try changing it there.

Good luck.
I changed it in the registry and it still goes back to http://www.xp-erience.org/ for me I have the same problem any Ideas anyone?

Not really a fix, more of a temporary solution that i used to use before i started using MOZILLA! <------

if you launch IE from a shortcut just put the URL you want it to open on at the end of the target.
"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE" www.ntfs.org
for exmple.
This way the home page can be anything at all, and the browser will still go to ntfs.org upon being opened (from THAT shortcut anyway :p )

Jewelzz, open gpedit.msc, open user configuration->internet explorer maintenance->URLs->Important URLs, and look for the home page url
btw, as I recommend to my good friends, use mozilla:p

glorydays, I received your email. I never found a solution for this problem. I've since reinstalled XP and don't have the problem anymore. So I couldn't be of any help :(

And for those that suggested Mozilla, NTFS was totally messed up for me when I tried Mozilla and even Phoenix. SPeedY_B couldn't even help me straighten it out *shrug*

Originally posted by glorydays
I cahnges it in the registry and it still goes back for me I have the same problem any Ideas anyone?

I changed it in the regedit also and my home page still goes back to http://www.xp-erience.org/ I NEED HELP before I go crazy trying to fix this

glorydays, have you tried to create a new user account to test it to see if the same problem occurs?

That's what happen to me. I didn't mind because xp-erience was my home page (NTFS is now). My daughter on the other hand didn't like her home page as xp-erience (what's wrong with that child?). A clean install of XP is the only way I found that helped me.

That seems kind of extreme to have to do a clean install just for that small problem one thing I did do is on the Explorer Icon I right clicked on it choose properties and at the end of the target
"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE" I added my web site address to it and when you click on explorer icon that site will come up it`s a temporary fix but it works

I needed to to a fresh install anyway that's why it was done :)

I wonder if I could just reinstall the rocovery cd that came with my Dell Computer I did ask them and they did say to try that but it just takes so long with all the stuff I have hooked up to my computer the say I have to unplug and remove everything that did not mome with it and I have one extra imternal hard drive three external a router a DSL modem usb 2.0 card firewire card web cam scanner a usb cd organizer and Im sure a few more thing I would have to reinstall I am going to keep searching for a fix let me know if you hear anything thanks

Mark

Before reinstalling I would look for it in the registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main Start Page and Default_Page_URL
Also look for any entries about start or home pages in
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer
and if it exists
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer
or search the registry for http://www.xp-erience.org/

I did the changes in the registry it makes no difference it just changes back in there also

Mark

Yep, that's what had me and everyone that tried to help me, confused. No matter what I did the home page for myself and my daughter reverted back to xp-erience.org

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back