IE6 freezes up (or turns slow)…

F

foxkuil

After I’ve been afk for an hour, IE6 turns really slow!!

When I type an URL, it takes about 5 seconds to show the
letter which I typed.
After a reboot, everything works fine again.

it is not a big problem, but very annoying. :(

Thx for your help…

maybe you could try running that clearmem proggy when it slows down like that? It's linked from the "speed" section of the main page... Not sure if that would make any difference tho, it's about all I can think of.

had a similar problem, what about...

I had a problem where every time I would try and type in internet exporer 6, it would crash or take forever. Turned out that the macfee virus scanner somehow was conficting. Who know why, it was an older version. Anyway, I assume you are running XP, what if any virus scanner are you running. By the way it it is something along these lines, norton 2002, solved the problem and works great.

Still no go !

Yep Osumarc, I use XP PRO!!

And i am not running any virus scanner (just Z/A pro)!

I think it has got something to do with my internet
connection. After playing online games for about an hour,
it sometimes freezes up. (I play Unreal Tournament TO)

I have a Cable connection!

The clearmem utility did not work Rigsta, already tried
that one !

Thanks for your help though....and if anybody knows the
solution...... plz let me know !

Thanks yall !

Have you done any of the microsquish IE updates? I did the cumulative update and the system started freezing up. I'm running XP Pro 2002 and I had to roll back the system to before I did the update. I've always had this problem when updating IE ever since my second machine with Win 95 on it. If the update doesn't take right it screws everything up. I just don't use IE any more Just Mozilla and Opera.

update....no update...still the same

Had already used the rollback option....still the same...
(reinstall XP did not work either)

As i mentioned...i think it has got something to do with my
internet connection (and ISP)!!!

because of the same trouble with online games....
(it is not just a IE6 problem...)

but still thx for your help !

cheerz !

It is probable it's you cable connection. Your using so much bandwith playing on line. Then as soon as you disconnect or log off of your online game your bandwith drops. Now everyone else has it and you don't, so when you start surfing with IE their's not enough bandwith. Then it's chug, chug, chug.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back