IE6.2800 User Agent

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
Does anyone know of a way to alter, or add to the IE6 user-agent string that is parsed when viewing websites ?

This is the bit i mean for those who don't know :
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1)

I came across a program a couple of years ago that let you define the user agent...so you could visit a website posing as google's spider for example. But I can't find it....what exactly are you trying to acheive?

i'm not trying to be l33t or anything, it's just a friend of mine has recently started checking his logs regularly and i wanted to confuse him (Win32 Konquerer, IE8 Linux etc :) ) i've already done it with cURL, i just wondered if there was a way to do it wtih IE.
Also i'd just like to add my nick to my user agent ..
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SPeedY_B)
so i know when it was me that visited my site :)

Im guessing its going to be a reg hack thats needed...

OK, found it......

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\User Agent\

FYI.... I got this information from Technet....try searching for 'user agent', brings up pooploads of stuff.

now that is good info, thanks =)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back