IE, XP and page cannot be displayed

M

Maine

Have been using XP Pro since it was released. I have only just found this great sight and wondered if someone can help. Every few weeks after no problems my internet dial up connects but cannot display pages or receive or send emails. I cannot then disconnect without turning off my PC.
I have ISDN using just 1 line, have an internal ASUS P-IN100-ST-DV adapter.
I have checked with the sevice provider ClaraNet who confirm that the problem is at my end. Having looked at some other similar problems in the forum I wonder if it to do with the IP address.
Any ideas how to cure it without keep doing my annoying re-install.

next time it happens try doing an ipconfig /release then a ipconfig /renew...although i've never seen this problem when it comes to ISDN so i'm not sure how much of a help this might be.

Useless Me

Give me more details on how to do this. Step by step please.

just open up the command prompt, or click start, run and type in cmd

then when the command console comes up type ipconfig /release

when they is done type in ipconfig /renew and see if it does anything.

Won't let me do your request, get the message "This operation failed as no adapter is in the state permissable for this operation."

Any other ideas people.:(

S*-/

This is an absolute nightmare. Have now got new drivers from Asus and its still no different!

Come on Guys more help.

At present I have turned off the XP firewall to see if that makes a difference. Will report back.

well tell us why you needed the new drivers in the 1st place
and explane what the problem is, we arnt mind readers.

This person starts 3 different posts all stating the same problem... And dosent offer much info on HIS problem. Then demands more help. Sounds to me like someone needs to learn about humility.
:mad:

i hate it when that happens , ppl demand help and cant be bouthed to at least look to solve the problem them selves 1st
sounds like person that has the problem need to RTFM and learn some manners.

Originally posted by surge
i hate it when that happens , ppl demand help and cant be bouthed to at least look to solve the problem them selves 1st
sounds like person that has the problem need to RTFM and learn some manners.

I agree totally. Its burns me up when ppl just become a member in a forum then post1 or 2 x demanding help and dont even search the previous postings nor do they search for the answers by even RTFM or even at the very least search the M$ database. And they never offer help to others.. gimme gimme gimme.

i here ya [P§eüðøKe®] , lets jsut hope he's totaly screwed up his pc hahaha :p

Be nice! I think he hit New Thread instead of Reply.

Unfortunatly I think I know what his problem is but I think his greatest challenge is his own lack of knowledge. He just does not know what he is doing. - Problem Lies Between The Monitor And The Chair - :D

Ok i will be nice, if he gives more info on the problem i will try and help him out.
maby this is the problem , insted of there being no spoon
"there is no PC insted" lol

Originally posted by Jewelzz
Be nice! I think he hit New Thread instead of Reply.

Sorry Jewelzz I dont mean to be a PITA but some ppl need to learn how to use the forum. If he cant then how can he expect us to help him. He cant even follow simple directions and needs a little humility. IMO

Haven't you ever been new to something and had to feel your way around? (omg why did I use the word feel). It's Maine's 8th post, I'm sure by reading what you and surge had to say he'll learn quick and/or ask questions :p

Ok, people, remember were all different and if he's new to forums maybe doesn't know the protocol and secret handshakes :D

So, I did a search and he's posted these before.......

Have been using XP Pro since it was released. I have only just found this great sight and wondered if someone can help. Every few weeks after no problems my internet dial up connects but cannot display pages or receive or send emails. I cannot then disconnect without turning off my PC.
I have ISDN using just 1 line, have an internal ASUS P-IN100-ST-DV adapter.
I have checked with the sevice provider ClaraNet who confirm that the problem is at my end. Having looked at some other similar problems in the forum I wonder if it to do with the IP address.
Any ideas how to cure it without keep doing my annoying re-install.

Won't let me do your request, get the message "This operation failed as no adapter is in the state permissable for this operation."

Exactly the same problem here but with ISDN

Originally posted by Jewelzz
Haven't you ever been new to something and had to feel your way around? (omg why did I use the word feel). It's Maine's 8th post, I'm sure by reading what you and surge had to say he'll learn quick and/or ask questions :p

Hmm 'feel your way around' hmm I am in a quandry, do I make a comment on that or do I shut up. Hmm <scratches chin> I will be quiet ...better to be thought of as a fool then to open ones mouth and remove all doubt. :D

I wouldnt have a problem helping anyone with any problem. But he posted the same problem by starting 3 topics. And then in this one he demands more help... I find that annoying.

Originally posted by Bytes back
secret handshakes :D

secret handshakes??????? nobody told me about secret handshakes????? why wasn't I informed about the secret handshakes?????

feel robbed.......leaving for different forum......good day ;)

all jewelzz fault anyway :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back