IE Window Problem

A

alloy25

When I go to open another window from an existing one it just seems to hang there doing nothing...why???

I'm running norton internet security 2003 ,NAV 2003 pro, Getright, Trillian pro, RBTray...etc

PLZ Help me :(

Alloy25

the windows im trying to open r java somethings......would there be a setting in the pic that i have accidently turned off that would be the problem??????

The files are called Java scripts and they dont do anything wen i open the window to display them....they just hang at the start and thats it....Wat do i need to do to make them work again????

Alloy25 :(

Not exactly sure if this is the problem, but Java and Javascript are different things. For Javascript you must have 'active scripting' enabled in Internet Options. The setting is under the security tab, Internet zone.
And check if you don't have a firewall or popup blocker that blocks javascript.
Perhaps you can provide an example link to a site where the problem occurs, so that others can see what might be going on.

Originally posted by yoyo
Not exactly sure if this is the problem, but Java and Javascript are different things. For Javascript you must have 'active scripting' enabled in Internet Options. The setting is under the security tab, Internet zone.
And check if you don't have a firewall or popup blocker that blocks javascript.
Perhaps you can provide an example link to a site where the problem occurs, so that others can see what might be going on.

All the options in internet options are as you suggested but the problem is still there....
This is a link it doesnt work on htp://serials.thebugs.ws/pages/T/6.shtml

I have never had this problem with my firewall(NIS 2003) before and i am not running a Popup stopper........

It doesnt work on all other sites I go to that requires me to open a java script window..........in windows update , wen you press the link to goto office update , it will hang as well and i just stop it then press go and it works....

Doesn't do hat in java script windows though....no option to do that....

I'm also running winXP sp1 and I have all the updates for Internet Explorer sp1........

Alloy25

I am not able to open any windows now without having to click the stop button and then the refresh button........

PLZ HELP ME :mad: :(

Alloy25

Have you looked into the settings in the Java applet in Control Panel?

Another option would be to 'Repair' Internet Explorer....this can be done through the Add/Remove Programs applet.

Originally posted by Teddy
Have you looked into the settings in the Java applet in Control Panel?

Another option would be to 'Repair' Internet Explorer....this can be done through the Add/Remove Programs applet.

Sorry teddy but can you give a step by step on how to do that as im not real up with this comp stuff yet...:eek:

Thnx

Alloy25:(

No problem. Anything for an Ozzie!...should be going there this year for a big long stay!

Originally posted by Teddy
No problem. Anything for an Ozzie!...should be going there this year for a big long stay!

Sweet ....E-mail me wen you get to Queensland and we'll chat...

Alloy25 :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back