IE to full screen

R

Red Arrow

Every time when I click on a link that opens a new IE window, the window is always about 7/10 the screen size. How do I set it so when I open a new IE window it is forced to use the full screen?

btw when I 1st load up IE by clicking on the icon in the quick launch bar it uses the full screen. Its just windows after that do not.

The only way I know is to open IE then use the restore down button. Now stretch the window to the desired size & close IE. Open IE & see what happens now.

Yeah that sort of works, but I am sure there is another way to do it so it is a 'true' full screen...if u see what I mean.

Thx anyway.

F11 will make it 'true' full screen but I'm not sure if I stays like that.

oops, by saying true I meant that it use the whole screen but that task bar remains. Like when u press the maximize button.

Try this..

Open IE (1st time so you get your full screen)
File>New>Window
Maximise the newly opened window
On the newly opened window File>Close
Then File>close the 1st opened IE

Now give it a test run...any luck?

No that does not seem to work Teddy. But when I open a new window it is now almost using the full screen, so its not as bad as before.

U would think that there would be an option somewhere in IE so windows opens maximized every time.

Ah, but there is, there is!

The standard IE icon on your desktop is not a regular shortcut. Make a copy of it onto your desktop and you will be able to get the normal right click menu; choose "Maximized" in the Run dialog box and away you go.

Try this.

click on IE, the one that windows (not full screen), type a url & goto a website (ANY).

Maximise the window to the desired size, then close IE, and open it again, it should goto full screen now :)

The same thing can be done if you dont want full screen too.

Chensu.

Originally posted by freightgod
Ah, but there is, there is!

The standard IE icon on your desktop is not a regular shortcut. Make a copy of it onto your desktop and you will be able to get the normal right click menu; choose "Maximized" in the Run dialog box and away you go.

Done that already before I started this topic. Doing that forced the very first window to be maximized, but still all windows after that are not.

Originally posted by Chensu
Try this.

click on IE, the one that windows (not full screen), type a url & goto a website (ANY).

Maximise the window to the desired size, then close IE, and open it again, it should goto full screen now :)

The same thing can be done if you dont want full screen too.

Chensu.

If u think about it I have done that a million times already. When I open a new window I always maximize it, then close it later. Still every time I open a new window (apart from the very 1st one) it is not maximized.

Open your first window. Click a link to open a second window. Do nothing but hit the maximize button on the second window, then close the second window. Now, try the link from the first window again.

Originally posted by xsivforce
Open your first window. Click a link to open a second window. Do nothing but hit the maximize button on the second window, then close the second window. Now, try the link from the first window again.

That is what Chensu above suggested, just not in a clear way. Tried it anyway but no luck :(

The regedit does not work xsivforce. Guess I am going to just have to live with it, thx for all ur help guys anyway.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back