IE reapair problem

H

Homerbalooza

i try to re[air my interent explorer then it says it is unable to irepair it?.. any ideas?

-Nick

Two ways of reparing IE.
1/ First
Start/Run/regsvr32 urlmon.dll

2/ Ms

Which one have you tried?

i went to control pannel then add/remove IE then put reapair, also whenn i try to load run nothing seems to come up same thing with IE.

-Nick

So what operating system are you using? It's not xp.
You therefore might have to explain your problem a bit more.

this is happening on my grandmas comp and this comp has windows 98, the problem is that whenever i attempt to load IE nothing seems to happen, samething when i click on a link.

IThe same thing happens when I try to load "run" so i cant repair IE the two ways u just said.

-Nick

I think the ways I posted are only for xp. Might be best to put questions like this in the 'other operating systems' area. You could always try a different browser. Mozilla is very eady to figure out.

i just ded mozilla, it works great!thx do u think this is better than IE?

ps Don't forget to try out the themes for it.
View/apply theme/get new theme. Just make sure the theme is for your version.

I used to use Netscape then AOL broke, it. So I tried Mozilla, it used about 3x's the memory of IE, hate it, doesn't import bookmarks from IE, takes about 20 secs to load.

Reinstall IE:
go to Start menu > Run > type in
rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 132 c:\windows\inf\ie.inf
hit enter.

mozilla seems to freeze on me after a while of usig it, and i cant load run , thhe same things happend when i try to laod IE.

What do you mean by 'mozilla seems to freeze'? If it is a general slow down then it could be the ISP. If it is a complete freeze as does IE then maybe a format is due. If you do make sure you back up everything to put back on later, settings, documents, etc.

no after a while it seemes to freeze, like i cant minimize it or do anything with it?....

Are you using Mozilla 1.2.1, 1.0.1 or 1.3 Beta?

I recommend you use 1.0.1 for greatest compatibility.
1.2.1 is quite safe but is not as stable as 1.0.1
1.3 is a beta... so of course its not gonna be great.

As for 3x more Memory and 20 secs to load. Enable quick launch, Mozilla loads pretty much instantly. (which btw windows does for IE without telling you. IE is loaded whether you want it or not.)

3x more Memory is probably what IE does except that Windows has a habit of sharing that memory with explorer so you never truly know how much memory iexplore.exe is using.

this is all fine and good, but why would I want another thing in my startup if IE is already there? I just use IE because it is so integrated into the OS, why try and fight it? It loads pages faster, loads itself faster, and I don't have to have Intellipoint running to use the back/forward buttons on my mouse in it.

This is a no win argument, I just got used to IE and don't like anything else now.

I like IE alot better than Mozilla but my IE wont load????...... Im trying to solve this problem by fixing it to load, and If all else fails where do i Get mozilla !.01 or something?...

-Nick

j69zlr: We use Mozilla because we KNOW it is better than IE. Most people take it for face value and say, "yay... another browser to bog down my computer". What you don't realise is the extra features of mozilla. W3C compliance, Tabbed Browsing (oh just click that 101 reasons link.)

Okay, IE does its job. But it also then does extra stuff that microsoft doesn't want to share with anyone else. The internet is not owned by microsoft. If you are going to add extensions for programmers. Release the appropriate plugin for other browsers. Don't just go, we're MS, we want IE to be the top browser. I'm going to add powertool X for IE that no other browser can use so you can go F*&$ yourself.

Can we say ActiveX???

I'm not going to bother trying to get you to use Mozilla as you already have your opinions. Intellipoint doesn't need to be running for the back/forward buttons to work btw. You only have to install the drivers for your mouse (Who wouldn't want to keep their drivers up to date anyway).

IE does its job and it keeps you happy. Nuff said. For the rest of us, we know why mozilla is good, and we're happy.

If you would like us to be preachers and try to get you to do Mozilla or Phoenix (the Opera of Mozilla) then post here and we will all explain the good points to you.

Homer:
Mozilla 1.0.2
Mozilla 1.2.1

I recommend 1.0.2, when you are used to 1.0.2 then give 1.2.1 a try.

Themes for Mozilla

first things first, I said this is a no win argument, but back/forward does not work unless I have point32.exe running, this is the most recent driver. I thought tabbed browsing was a great idea until I realized that it doesn't really do anything different than having the tabs on the taskbar.

back to the actual topic, try reregistering all of these dlls
regsvr32 Urlmon.dll
regsvr32 Shdocvw.dll
regsvr32 Shell32.dll
regsvr32 Oleaut32.dll
regsvr32 Actxprxy.dll
regsvr32 Mshtml.dll
does it give the everything was done correctly message when you're finished?

Have you tried redownloading IE?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back