IE Quits

Khayman

I'm sorry Hal...
Political Access
I'm ahving a little issue with IE, it seems to just quit when surfing to some pages. Theres no error message or anything, it just quits. Sometimes it'll get to the site and load a bit then quit other times it will just quit.

Mainly i use Firebird as my browser but there are some sites that won't work in Firebird, most notably Windows Update. I have tried cleaning the temp internet files, but no luck. any other suggestions?

Do you mean the application exits? or it just stops loading the page?

it exits/closes/quits :)

Although on occasion it will just hang, but mostly with the quiting

I seem to have found the problem, and that was KAV. Since this had only started happening recently and KAV is the only thing i've installed in the last few weeks. Uninstalled it, everything works fine....for now anyway :)

Back to NAV :p

Me love KAV, me hate NAV ;)
I use it without problems, though KAV scans every page that loads in IE (I use IE, yes...)
What version of KAV do you have ? Latest (4.5.0.94)? Because if you have an old KAV 4.5 version (don't know what builds...) and are running WinXP, there were known compatibility issues (I encountered them myself) with WinXP...

I knotice this with a couple of diff av and firewalls. Mainly ones that have web filtering integrated. If you goe to a site that has pop ups, it would at times just close the whole browser instead of just the pop ups.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back