IE Problem

ste_w

OSNN Senior Addict
Hi all

I was uninstallin stuff from my computer b4 n uninstalled something witout thinkin bout it n cant remember wat was, anyway went to click on my IE Shortcut b4 n it said broken link so i looked in the start menu for IE n it wasnt there, so then i search the windows folder n im using the 1 i found there as the shortcut, anyway on the pic below am i using the correct version n 100% up to date? ive ran Windwos update just incase but no updates.
#

Pls Help

Thanx

Ste_W

Attachments

• HELP!.JPG
    HELP!.JPG
    30 KB · Views: 38
Just that internet explorer was removed from The shortcut i created which means the origional thing had to have been deleted,n the icon in start, all programs aint there, n im wonderin if the IEExplorer.exe i found in the windows folder is the up to date version as it was in the SP1 folder i beleive. But from the pic above is it the latest version basically?

This is wat i mean bout finding the shortcut in the Service pack Folder...

Attachments

• SP Folder.JPG
    SP Folder.JPG
    9.4 KB · Views: 46
Don't think that is the cprrect shortcut. Try the one in here C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\.

If that doesn't work try repairing IE.

Try this to repair IE
Start/Run/regsvr32 urlmon.dll

OR

To reinstall IE
Start/run/rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 132 c:\windows\inf\ie.inf

OR

Microsoft

Looks like you're using the backup.

The i386 folder in ServicePackFiles is what Windows accesses to replace critical files that are deleted or modified. Do what Hipster suggested. :)

And yes you are using the most up to date version.

Well if im using the most up tp date version is it worth repairing it still?

I just looked in my C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer Folder n i found the IExplorer icon, ill just use this one then yes?

Ok Thanx Everyone 4 ur help, i should really try n figure out what i uninstalled then lol

Thanx Again

Ste_W

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back