• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

IE Problem

Hi all

I was uninstallin stuff from my computer b4 n uninstalled something witout thinkin bout it n cant remember wat was, anyway went to click on my IE Shortcut b4 n it said broken link so i looked in the start menu for IE n it wasnt there, so then i search the windows folder n im using the 1 i found there as the shortcut, anyway on the pic below am i using the correct version n 100% up to date? ive ran Windwos update just incase but no updates.
#

Pls Help

Thanx

Ste_W

Attachments

Just that internet explorer was removed from The shortcut i created which means the origional thing had to have been deleted,n the icon in start, all programs aint there, n im wonderin if the IEExplorer.exe i found in the windows folder is the up to date version as it was in the SP1 folder i beleive. But from the pic above is it the latest version basically?

Hipster Doofus

Good grief Charlie Brown
Don't think that is the cprrect shortcut. Try the one in here C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\.

If that doesn't work try repairing IE.

Try this to repair IE
Start/Run/regsvr32 urlmon.dll

OR

To reinstall IE
Start/run/rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 132 c:\windows\inf\ie.inf

OR

Microsoft

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political User
Looks like you're using the backup.

The i386 folder in ServicePackFiles is what Windows accesses to replace critical files that are deleted or modified. Do what Hipster suggested. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies